1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just purchased off contract

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JenDawn1, Jan 9, 2013.

1. JenDawn1

JenDawn1 Member
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I just bought a brand new SGN2 off Ebay today. I'm excited! I even asked for expedited shipping. I should have it Friday. I currently own the S3 which I also purchased off contract directly from Sprint (guess I'll be selling that). Before that I had the Motorola Photon but ditched it when they said they were no longer providing upgrades. I love the S3 but there are things that annoy me that I'm hoping won't be an issue on the Note 2. Mostly I love it though. The main thing is the speaker. I like to listen to music while I'm working and it's just not that good. The speakerphone is dreadful and I can't even use to in my car. I have an auxiliary cable (no bluetooth in my car) so I can make calls through the speakers -that doesn't work with the S3. Calls sounds terrible. However it allows me to play music through the speakers with no issues. My other phones have always worked. Coming from a Motorola the radio's on that thing were awesome. How are they on the Note 2? For instance, I used to be able to pick up calls in the back of Target with the M -not the S3. I'm in Houston so I have LTE (woohoo). Any former S3 owners that can advise about the speaker/speakerphone and radios? Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Advertisement

2. Corki2

Corki2 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Business Owner
    FL
    Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to love it. I exchanged my S3 for it and have no regrets. :)

3. robrie

robrie Member
    None

May 27, 2011
    Congrats! I just did the same thing a few days ago but off of CL.The speaker/phone on my S3 worked great. It worked better than the bluetooth system in my car.

4. chabco

chabco Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2013
    Congrats. I'm actually in the exact same situation and I'm excited. Bought off contract last night and should arrive Friday too! I'm PUMPED. Are you having as much fun shopping for cases as I am??!

Also, I'm upgrading from the HTC One X. I love Sense but the Note 2 is just...insane..

5. Kindie75

Kindie75 Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Female
    Certified Surgical Tech
    AL
    I bought mine off contact on eBay as well. Loving this device!!

6. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    FWIW, my Motorola Defy, and Note 2, function on both at&t and T-Mo's UMTS networks. My Defy consistently maintains a 5-10dBm stronger signal level than the Note/Note 2, on both networks.

7. JenDawn1

JenDawn1 Member
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thanks so much y'all! I'm excited about the phone. The one thing that I miss about my MoPho was the signal. I refuse to buy another Motorola though. Of course I said that after the Samsung Moment but Samsung truly seems to have stepped up their game a notch or two! I can't wait until tomorrow when my Note 2 gets here! I've been watching videos and reading reviews like a crazy person. Hi my name is Jennifer and I'm a tech junkie.

8. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    I've been thinking about buying one off contract (upgrade from razr); and one rather odd thing I noticed is that it is near impossible to buy one from verizon website (even off contract). They require that you add a new plan (even if you add the device to the cart month-month - full price).

Also has anyone noticed that the new plans are $20 more per month than the old plans !
    (100 without discount vs 80)