• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just received 4.2.2

Still can't suss out how to delete these piccies.

if they are instant upload pics, or stuff from google plus posts ect, then you can't delete them from the phone.

you have to either un-sync "google photos" under settings>accounts>google>google photos

or you have to go to the web site and delete them there. both Picasa and G+ pics show up in the gallery if you have them synced.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply but I don't see that option where stated. On closer inspection of the unwanted piccies in Gallery, I see the Picasa icon in the bottom left corner of them but still unable to work out a way to delete them.

BTW, what's with all these annoying adverts on this forum now?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply but I don't see that option where stated. On closer inspection of the unwanted piccies in Gallery, I see the Picasa icon in the bottom left corner of them but still unable to work out a way to delete them.

BTW, what's with all these annoying adverts on this forum now?

As you were told, you can't delete them from the phone. Follow the instructions you were given to stop syncing your Google+ pics to your phone and that should take care of it.

Upvote 0
When you go to Google on your PC, at the top they have their shortcut bar. Click on More, and then probably need to go to Even More at the bottom. Should have Picasa in the list. Assuming you're logged into your Google account on your PC, it should open up and let you delete your pictures there, if they're still there. Also, check your Google+ account and see if they're there instead. Delete them there, and then give your phone a bit to sync, and they should go away. If they aren't there at all, in either place online, then the only other option would be a file manager as suggested, to delete any copy stored on your phone.

Upvote 0
When you go to Google on your PC, at the top they have their shortcut bar. Click on More, and then probably need to go to Even More at the bottom. Should have Picasa in the list. Assuming you're logged into your Google account on your PC, it should open up and let you delete your pictures there, if they're still there. Also, check your Google+ account and see if they're there instead. Delete them there, and then give your phone a bit to sync, and they should go away. If they aren't there at all, in either place online, then the only other option would be a file manager as suggested, to delete any copy stored on your phone.

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

As noted, you have to go to picasa web online through a browser and delete the offending pictures. Make sure photos and picasa are NOT synced on your phone and photo syncing is turned off in the gallery settings. You can also go into the gallery and click refresh in the menu. It may take a little bit for the pics to clear.

I'm not sure, but you may also need to go into apps>gallery>clear cache.

Upvote 0
Thanks for everyone's informative replies. I have now eventually managed to delete the piccies from my phone's gallery by installing Picasa, signing in with both my Gmail accounts, did some digging around until I found the piccies then finally managed to select ACTIONS the Delete Album.

I have now uninstalled Picasa but wow, that was giving me a headache.

Really appreciate all your inputs, thanks once again.

Fuzzy13, I wish I had read your reply first as that sounded like the easiest option. Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones