1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just Returned After 1 Year+, Reset Password Can't Create Posts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tackyjan, Oct 25, 2014.

1. tackyjan

tackyjan Lurker

Hello All!!

I am not new to this forum but it's been so long since I have been here I can't even remember the last time. :O

I just remembered this site about an hour ago so I came here to post a question. I didn't remember my password so I went through the whole password reset process and got a random password emailed to me. I then logged in with that password and immediately changed the password. I then logged out and logged back in just to be safe.

I have a general question about Android so I tried to create a new post in the Android Questions forum but it said I don't have permission to create threads.

If I were brand new to this site (e.g. just created an account 20 minutes ago) I would assume it's because I am so new. But since I am a long time member I don't know why I can't make posts.

Is there any way I can find out why I am blocked and/or do what is necessary to be able to post new threads?

Thank you,

Jan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hi tackyjan and welcome back to AF. The Android Question area is for guests to ask our staff questions. We have a special team to address those questions. It's not an area for our general members to post. I'm sorry for the confusion. If you have a question about your device, it will be best served in it's discussion area. Here are links to the phone and tablet areas.
    Android Phones - Android Forums
    Android Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums
    Each link will provide you a list of links to the different discussion areas. Just open the link and then give your device a click. You will be redirected to the correct area for you to post your question and to get an answer. I hope this helps. If not just let us know and we'll go from there. Thanks for returning to AF.

Unforgiven and palmtree5 like this.
  3. tackyjan

tackyjan Lurker

Ah, I got it now! Thanks for the info. Going to post on those forums now. :)

Unforgiven and EarlyMon like this.
  4. olbriar

olbriar  

Fantastic! Do let me know if you have any problems.