1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Just rooted 2.2, now which rom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by serialportme, Oct 16, 2011.

1. serialportme

serialportme Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    I just did a permanent root of 2.2 with shiftrr.

Now question is - can I just upgrade to the standard 2.3, and make some mods so sense works properly, or do I need to upgrade to a custom rom to keep my root? From what I have read an OTA will mess with the root.

From what I have been reading, do a batch backup of just Backup of All user apps. How should I also do a complete backup of everything? Do I need to? How do I get my messages and contacts backed up?

I just want to download a rom that is tested and is not buggy. What is a popular one? Supreme Sense v7 ? I don't really need anything fancy - just the ability to keep my root. MIUI looks great also. I want something simple to install.

What is clockwork?

Will my Sprint services just...work? How does that get up and running?

New at this, some I would appreciate some feedback.

Advertisement

2. Abird!

Abird! Well-Known Member
    None

Hi! There is a sticky at the top of the page that lists different ROMs you can try out, that shouldn't be buggy at all.

Your sprint services will work just fine on whichever ROM you decide to flash. Yes definately make a back-up just in case something happens. Have you looked through the different threads in this section? Most of the answers for your questions can be found within the threads.

I would answer you with specifics but I'm still a noob myself :p I'm current running MikShifted G Executive Edition v1.xx ROM and I love it :)