• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted and having problems with recovery.

Jonny.

Oct 28, 2010
I recently got a new droid incredible (my first phone besides the crapy razer) and my friends told me to root it. I used the guides on these fourms, rooted it, and apparently it worked (I have superuser and can download root only apps). The only problem is that everywere, it says recover once you root. Every time I've tried this, it just leads to a black screen with two white lights on each side. I've tried everything to fix it; I've looked at multiple threads and youtube vids, I even found an app that should sent it into Clockwork recovery mod, but even then it still had the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this, or should I just try un-rooting it (maby I did something wrong and it dosent say) and re-rooting it again? Thanks

Dude, you shoudl have done a little more research before messing with anything. This is a common problem that comes up with SLCD screens and Clockwork Recovery. You have to download adrynalyne's "crackwork mod" and it'll work just fine.

Look on XDA forums and you should find it fairly quickly.

I hope you didn't brick your phone.

Upvote 0
How did you unroot??? Sounds like you did the downgrade BS. If you Downgrad, 2.1 and a .29 kernel were never developed to run on a Slcd screen.

Think about it what do all of your phones do on boot??? The answer vibrant once. Its probably booting but because you put crap on it the display is borked.

Now I have heard of people running the correct RUU in PB31IMG form just by guessing on the timing and getting it back to life. You may be able to run the .exe RUU as well.

If you get it back or you get another device to root, please read up on the matter a bit. A quick 5 min search probably would have cured this whole mess in a matter of minutes.

Upvote 0
How did you unroot??? Sounds like you did the downgrade BS. If you Downgrad, 2.1 and a .29 kernel were never developed to run on a Slcd screen.

Think about it what do all of your phones do on boot??? The answer vibrant once. Its probably booting but because you put crap on it the display is borked.

Now I have heard of people running the correct RUU in PB31IMG form just by guessing on the timing and getting it back to life. You may be able to run the .exe RUU as well.

If you get it back or you get another device to root, please read up on the matter a bit. A quick 5 min search probably would have cured this whole mess in a matter of minutes.
I did search it around and unfortunatly I was cheching the wrong places and found nothing on it, I did http://androidforums.com/incredible...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html method. So if it did downgrade back to 2.1, is there something I can like put on the sd card from my pc like I did to downgrade to upgrade it back?

Upvote 0
If you have access to a windows xp computer, i'd try to use the ruu method. Or use a 2.2 pb31img.zip and put that on your sd card, and boot into hboot even though you wont see it. Wait about a minute and hit volume up, then wait about 5 minutes and hit volume up again, then wait about 10 minutes and hit volume up one last time. Make sure you check the md5 hash of the file before attempting. Follow this link for the file http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

Upvote 0
Now when that is done please flash the CW version Adrynalyane made..

If there is any sign of live it usually can be fixed.

Doug,
Good to see you here on AF. I've come across several threads you've been involved with on other forums in my travels. You've done a lot for the community. My involvement lately has been spotty but I heard awhile back that Koush applied a fix for the SLCD's. You hear anything about that? Just wondering if a guy can reflash recovery in Rom Manager or if the Adrynalyne fix is the only route still.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones