1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just rooted and now finding some bugs with lockscreen and bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chewedpup, Feb 18, 2011.

1. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Just rooted 5 days ago with AOSP baseband version 2.42.02.10.29, Kernel Version 2.6.29.2, Mod version aospMOD 0.9.9.2 and am just finding my phone is bugging out!

OK!

1. The lock screen. Initially to unlock the phone, press on it and slide it to the right. Now, when I press on it, instead of being able to slide it, it jumps around to the left back and forth and is VERY difficult to slide to the right. It acts like it's avoiding me and trying to escape. Took me over a minute to unlock my phone this morning. When I first rooted, it was easy. Now, not so much.

2. Thrilled that I can now voice-dial with my motorola blue-tooth, I am getting the weirdest thing. When my blue tooth is paired and connected, if someone calls, the phone doesn't ring at all, it just rings through the bluetooth (well, the voice notifies me) and I get "call on line one". I have set my contacts for individual ringers so I know who's calling by listening to the song, but now, no ring at all through the phone. Phone is completely silent. If I unplug the bluetooth, the phone rings, but when bluetooth on, no ring. This never happened before. I have triple-checked all the settings and cannot make sense of this. Before, I could have the bluetooth on, and the phone would ring according to the individual ringers.

3. When someone calls and I talk to them through bluetooth, if they hang up and I don't immediately end the call through the bluetooth, my music player leaps into life and starts playing through the blue tooth. Not fun to get a deafening song blasted through your eardrums - this is the music player that was loaded when I rooted, I have again checked all settings and cannot figure out why this happens. So now, if I don't end the call immediately manually, a song starts blasting, and I have to unlock the phone (which is tricky at the moment), open up the music player and manually stop the song and exit out of music player.

My loaded apps are as follows (ones I got from Marketplace):

adobe reader
    alarm clock
    Astrid tasks
    B-Folders
    Barcode scanner
    convertpad
    google sky map
    home switcher
    latitude
    maps (google maps)
    memory (game)
    Multicon
    navigation
    news and weather
    places
    Shootme
    Solitaire
    Swiftkey
    Titanium Backup
    Uninstaller
    Vizbattery
    Wordup! (game that I am absolutely hooked on)
    Yelp

Thoughts anyone??????

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    I heard there was some issue with the lockscreen, but I have not encountered that yet. What date is your version of AOSP Android 2.3? The latest version may have corrected that issue. Let us know. As for the Bluetooth switching to media player, that is probably just a glitch that needs to be worked out in a later update. I could see where that would be extremely annoying though, especially while driving where it could be dangerous if it startles you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had a brain freeze and forgot you were on AOSP Android 2.2. I am not sure what the problem could be. Sorry about that.

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    She is not on GB, she is on Froyo 2.2 AOSP 9.9.2, and that is by design by me as I wanted a Rom that I know was stable, and since it is her first root i did not want her to have issues to start with until she got use to being rooted

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Whoops! Oh, that is right and it is even in her device description. :rolleyes:

No matter how hard we try to avoid them, there will always be some issues, however tiny they may be. This holds true for me even if it is a stable ROM! :D

5. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    I pretty much haven't used my phone all day, just sittin' here quietly doing my work. Suddenly, my phone rang WITH a personal ring tone plus my bluetooth said 'call on line one." So suddenly, out of the blue, after not using it most of the day, it fixed itself (at least for now it has).

Will just keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

p.s. can't unlock my phone at all at the moment. But at least it rings :)

Tags: