• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted and now no GPS

I think we all have those "sweaty" moments. Everytime I do something new and GPS takes awhile to lock, I get nervous about whether I broke something :)

^^^^^^^^^
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
And especially the first time.

It's like riding a bike without the training wheels the very first time.... It's hairy, scary, and all around nerve wracking - but within a week you're a pro....

Also, that is one thing that has never been mentioned anywhere - that after rooting / installing a ROM, the first boot may take significantly longer and / or services may be slow to start up after the first boot....

I think this should be a part of every FAQ on rooting / swapping ROMs.

Upvote 0
And especially the first time.

It's like riding a bike without the training wheels the very first time.... It's hairy, scary, and all around nerve wracking - but within a week you're a pro....

Also, that is one thing that has never been mentioned anywhere - that after rooting / installing a ROM, the first boot may take significantly longer and / or services may be slow to start up after the first boot....

I think this should be a part of every FAQ on rooting / swapping ROMs.

^^^^^^^^^
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
ha ha yeah, when i rooted it was still sorta unknown, no roms were out, i sat with root and nothing. I finally got drocap2, no biggie and then roms kinda sprung out to me after a while, and i was ignoring them, figuring its more dangerous than safe and then i figure to give it a little reading and checked it out and figured out its not so bad, not much you can do to screw it up right now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones