1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Just rooted concerns and suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chris17neji, Nov 17, 2011.

1. chris17neji

chris17neji Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    California USA
    So i just rooted using this Sticky: Super One Click Root program - ALL 2.1+ droids, except 7 phones

Now my main reason was to uninstall some other applications that came preloaded how do i do this?

Another question was what do you guys do once your rooted?
    I mean all i ever use is the browser and facebook app and handsent app. I dont download many applications i just go to many sites trough the browser it works i have no need to download something extra to get to the same place.

What do you guys do.... im very new to this root thing i have had my phone for over a year i believe. Maybe rooting would let me enjoy it more? Because overall i hate it!!!!

The battery life sucks. I just bough an extended one now it actually last well over 12 hours, and yes i do go long times before i am home where i can charge it. I found myself carrying a charger at restaurants, turning my phone off, turning the brightness and being unable to read it when im outside.

It crashes often. Now not as much with its update but wow it was terrible before.

I may hate it but i will stick with it until my contract ends.
    Oh my friend has an app to download videos from many sites including YouTube? anything similer in droid apps? I havent found anything to download YT videos
    Anyways help me like my phone more :D

Advertisement

2. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Image Processor
    Arkansas

You should try a ROM and get better battery life out of most.
    YouTubeMate works I believe.

3. skora

skora Newbie
    None

May 27, 2011
    What version of android are you running?

From home screen, menu button, settings, About phone, system version

To freeze bloatware, I used Bloat Freezer on the market.

To download YT vids, on amazon app store, I use FreeDiYoutube downloader.

I can't speak on roms, I tried CM7 for D2G, but didn't really like it. MIUI with ICS was novel, but I'll wait till its fully functional. So I'm just using stock 2.3.3 with all the stuff I don't need frozen. Might try Liberty as its a blur based rom and not AOSP. Difference is blur based is written to work with the motorola version of Android and AOSP is a clean OS from google open source code.