• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just Rooted my admire,whats next?

Well first heres a list of things you can delete safely

• Stock Browser
  • MetroPCS easy wifi
  • news and weather
  • email
  • the other metropcs apps
  • voice dialer
  • voice search
  • books
  • korean keyboard
  • metro app store
  • im and social
  • google pinyin

There are others I think but i cant think of them right now lol.

And before you flash any roms or zips with cwm make sure you make a nandroid backup in cmw just incase.

http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/452614-samsung-admire-all-things-root-guide-updated-7-30-2012-a.html

learn stuff from that guide and you should be good to go

Upvote 0
Well first heres a list of things you can delete safely

• Stock Browser
  • MetroPCS easy wifi
  • news and weather
  • email
  • the other metropcs apps
  • voice dialer
  • voice search
  • books
  • korean keyboard
  • metro app store
  • im and social
  • google pinyin

There are others I think but i cant think of them right now lol.

And before you flash any roms or zips with cwm make sure you make a nandroid backup in cmw just incase.

http://androidforums.com/admire-all...ll-things-root-guide-updated-7-30-2012-a.html

learn stuff from that guide and you should be good to go

thanks kagebeast for the, i already unistalled some of the bloatware following a thread that i found here Safely Removeable Bloatware. Thanks for the nandroid backup.I have to do that. After I do that.what's the best ROM out there for the Admire. Admired Monster?? or which one do you think? thanks again

Upvote 0
thanks kagebeast for the, i already unistalled some of the bloatware following a thread that i found here Safely Removeable Bloatware. Thanks for the nandroid backup.I have to do that. After I do that.what's the best ROM out there for the Admire. Admired Monster?? or which one do you think? thanks again

I am using putu 2 with bo's ics theme looks and works great

Upvote 0

No problem. And hmm the best. Well each rom's have their own advantages over others. I've flashed a lot and i personally liked monster 5.3, oa 2.3.12, lunar gen final, stock++ and putu 2.2. Those are just my personal favorites but you can look around and choose your own

Upvote 0
I am using putu 2 with bo's ics theme looks and works great

No problem. And hmm the best. Well each rom's have their own advantages over others. I've flashed a lot and i personally liked monster 5.3, oa 2.3.12, lunar gen final, stock++ and putu 2.2. Those are just my personal favorites but you can look around and choose your own

thanks guys. these are the links for the ROMS you guys are talking about right?

PUTU 2.2 http://androidforums.com/admire-all...u-t-u-2-2-paris-themed-ics-available-now.html

Monster 5.3 http://androidforums.com/admire-all...nes-dont-take-oc-kernel-well.html#post4433299

Upvote 0
aslo kagebeast. I flashed the clockworkmod recovery following this thread [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet

but the file that the thread provides is clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.7. I been reading around and i saw a post of you saying that most ROMS require 5.0.2.8. I beed looking around for it and i can't find it. can you provide me with a link please. im going to keep searching

Upvote 0
thanks. kagebeast im going to try out both. but what is the difference between the 3 builds on monster 5.3? srry for the noob question

Well in that thread if you look under "So what build is for me???" it tells you which build you should flash.

aslo kagebeast. I flashed the clockworkmod recovery following this thread [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet

but the file that the thread provides is clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.7. I been reading around and i saw a post of you saying that most ROMS require 5.0.2.8. I beed looking around for it and i can't find it. can you provide me with a link please. im going to keep searching

Yeah rom's that are based off of stock require you have 5.0.2.7 installed but most roms use are made in combination with an overclock kernel. The admire runs at 800mhz but overclock kernel lets it run up to 900 max so you have to flash reqs cwm and kernel package. Here's a direct download link : http://d-h.st/tU6

Reactions: Danieliyo
Upvote 0
Well in that thread if you look under "So what build is for me???" it tells you which build you should flash.

Yeah rom's that are based off of stock require you have 5.0.2.7 installed but most roms use are made in combination with an overclock kernel. The admire runs at 800mhz but overclock kernel lets it run up to 900 max so you have to flash reqs cwm and kernel package. Here's a direct download link : Dev-Host - CM72RC1-Kernel.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

thanks again lol. I want to flash the monster 5.3 full build. so to flash that what do i have to do because i don't want to brick my phone. right now im runnig stock rom with the 5.0.2.7 cwm recovery. first i would have to flash the file you just gave me on the link by putting it in the sd card and flash it through recovery mode right? also how can i find out if my phone take OC Kernel's?

Upvote 0
thanks again lol. I want to flash the monster 5.3 full build. so to flash that what do i have to do because i don't want to brick my phone. right now im runnig stock rom with the 5.0.2.7 cwm recovery. first i would have to flash the file you just gave me on the link by putting it in the sd card and flash it through recovery mode right? also how can i find out if my phone take OC Kernel's?

Yeah that's the first thing you're gonna want to flash. But know that when you flash 5.0.2.8 you won't be able to restore that backup you made using 5.0.2.7. And after you flash go to advanced in cwm and choose to reboot recovery so it can show the updated cwm. Now before you install monster 5.3 you have to :

• wipe data/factory reset
  • go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache and battery stats
  • go to mounts and storage and format /data and /cache and then format /system. Make sure you format /system last to avoid errors.

You're gonna have to do this everytime you want to flash a custom rom to make sure you don't brick your phone. Now to install monster 5.3 you:

1. go to install zip from sdcard
  2. choose zip from sdcard
  3. and then select the monster 5.3 zip

Wait for it to get done flashing and then go back and choose reboot system now and you're good to go! if it goes back to the cwm screen just choose reboot system now again. Now for some extra stuff you should know. Monster 5.3 has beats installed and it makes your phone louder than stock. If you decided you don't like it you can download and flash this to remove it :http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/openvitality/Beats-Removal-EH29-Spz0.zip

Also when you set up your gmail account for the first time give the phone about 15mins before updating or downloading anything from the play store as to avoid the 492 error that doesn't let you download anything from the store.

Hmm i guess that's about it. If you follow all my instructions you shouldn't run into any problems.

Reactions: Danieliyo
Upvote 0
Yeah that's the first thing you're gonna want to flash. But know that when you flash 5.0.2.8 you won't be able to restore that backup you made using 5.0.2.7. And after you flash go to advanced in cwm and choose to reboot recovery so it can show the updated cwm. Now before you install monster 5.3 you have to :

• wipe data/factory reset
  • go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache and battery stats
  • go to mounts and storage and format /data and /cache and then format /system. Make sure you format /system last to avoid errors.

You're gonna have to do this everytime you want to flash a custom rom to make sure you don't brick your phone. Now to install monster 5.3 you:

1. go to install zip from sdcard
  2. choose zip from sdcard
  3. and then select the monster 5.3 zip

Wait for it to get done flashing and then go back and choose reboot system now and you're good to go! if it goes back to the cwm screen just choose reboot system now again. Now for some extra stuff you should know. Monster 5.3 has beats installed and it makes your phone louder than stock. If you decided you don't like it you can download and flash this to remove it :http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/openvitality/Beats-Removal-EH29-Spz0.zip

Also when you set up your gmail account for the first time give the phone about 15mins before updating or downloading anything from the play store as to avoid the 492 error that doesn't let you download anything from the store.

Hmm i guess that's about it. If you follow all my instructions you shouldn't run into any problems.

thanks a lot man. i will try this tomorrow.and i let you know how it goes.thank you very much. i appreciate it taking your time to help me...are you running monster 5.3 right now on your phone? or what are you running

Upvote 0
thanks a lot man. i will try this tomorrow.and i let you know how it goes.thank you very much. i appreciate it taking your time to help me...are you running monster 5.3 right now on your phone? or what are you running

I provide my help when needed like a ninja in the night >.>. And I'm running OpenAndroid 2.3.12. It's my favorite as of now

Upvote 0
i have rooted added superuser, titanium.
but cant move or delete metro apps
is there anything else i need to do to delete these?
if i purchase the full titanium will i be-able to move and freez them?

stuck
i paid a store for my root, so i just a novice

What does it say when you try to delete them? And no you don't need the full version to un install apps or freeze them I think

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones