1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Just Rooted my Nexus One Any tips on what to do next?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Euforeik, May 14, 2010.

1. Euforeik

Euforeik Well-Known Member

I just rooted my nexus one and i want to know on what i can do next. Any suggestions??

Advertisement

2. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Project Manager
    Hampshire, UK
    Assuming you have also installed Anon's Recovery utility, flash a Custom ROM.

I would recommend Cyanogen's ROMs - 5.0.7 will be out very soon (probably the next week). ROM 5.0.6 has a couple of issues with it, hence I am running a test version of 5.0.7.

Also, install SetCPU from the market - will help you extend your battery life.

NB. Before you flash a ROM, make sure you have used Titanium Backup (on the market) to backup all your apps and settings, plus do a Nandroid (just in case it goes wrong & you need to revert).

3. Euforeik

I flashed Cyanogen 5.0.6 last night. I will back up using Titanium right now and I am going to install SetCPU. Thanks for the help. One more question. With SetCPU does it drain your battery faster? I was reading the reviews and people were saying that it was draining battery quickly.

4. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Jersey Shore
    flash a nice undervolt kernel

5. Euforeik

I have flashed on other devices but not On android. Is it safe to do that?

6. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Project Manager
    Hampshire, UK
    I have used SetCPU for months, and to be honest, I have felt it has helped my battery life by quite a margin. Just read some of the recent reviews and dev has just released a new version.

Definately do not use the Active Widget as this will be a battery drain - I use the normal one......

Finally, if it were me, I would not go for an undervolt kernal - just stay with stock Cyanogen.

7. Euforeik

Could I ask what your settings are?

Tags: