1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Just rooted... now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 13fullmoon, Sep 24, 2010.

1. 13fullmoon

13fullmoon Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Hawaii
    I just rooted my phone a few days ago following the directions on this site. I did it pretty much so I could have the WiFi Tethering... I bought Easytether, but it kept dropping the internet connection and was so slow! Barnacle seems to be even slower, so right now I'm just connected to both. I also can't make calls and use the internet at the same time.

Help teach me how to make my phone into a Supahphone!!!

I don't really understand what a ROM is and why I would want one? I really like having LauncherPro because the home button takes me to my notifications. I wanna get rid of unused apps, but Titanuim seemed to almost brick my phone! Actually I don't even really know what bricking is (so please explain this to me too please!), but yeah... I just wanna know all the cool things I can do with the android and make it faster! The other issue I'm having is that I'm not getting a lot of bars and I have verizon. My old rumor phone through sprint got 5 bars...could this have anything to do with my slow connection?

Also weird is that my phone updated a few days ago and when it did that, it messed up my ability to open Easytether. It still works, if I don't use my app killer, but I can no longer open it. I'm not sure what update I got but it says the firmware is 2.1.... I thought 2.2 is the newest and I'd like to know how to get it!

Advertisement

2. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Sophomore in high school
    In a house, by a street
    If you want to get rid of useless apps and have your phone a lot faster download Velocity 0.2 (Its amazing!!) and it gets rid of useless apps

arcticXpanda likes this.
  3. 13fullmoon

13fullmoon Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Hawaii
    Is this better than titanium? I was having some issues with it so I uninstalled. Also, which apps should I leave on? I almost want to delete them all!

How do I run apps from my SD card?

4. skater95

Aug 17, 2010
    Sophomore in high school
    In a house, by a street
    That hasn't really been perfected yet. So I would try apps2sd. Velocity is actually a rom, so you have to download it. Download ROM Manager and when download it get to Download Rom>Trident>Velocity 0.2

5. 13fullmoon

13fullmoon Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Hawaii
    My friend was saying I should try this one:

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/146838-rooted-lite-custom-rom-ally.html

I'm still really new to this, so I'm not sure what steps I should take... I need a backup right?

6. skater95

Aug 17, 2010
    Sophomore in high school
    In a house, by a street
    13fullmoon likes this.
Tags: