1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Just rooted using alteredbeast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juanito157, Sep 29, 2011.

1. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    OK, so I just rooted my droid charge (lag was driving me crazy)

I used Odin and the altered beast rom ...everything seems to be fine accept that now there is a system update available. what do I do with the system update? I read somewhere here that an update after root can BRICK your device

update says i510.ee4

Please help asap!!!

Also i would like to change over to the latest gummycharged instead
    How would I go about that?

Again Thanks

Advertisement

2. dwitherell

dwitherell Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Hmm... maybe you used an older version of Altered Beast that didn't use EE4 as a base? Check out Settings > About phone > Build number - are the last three characters EE4?

As far as going to Gummy Charged - that is definitely a more up-to-date ROM choice. There is a version based on a recent leak of Gingerbread (found here, although this will be updated likely in the next several days), and there is a Froyo-based version (using EE4 as a base, found here) as well. If you decide on the Froyo route, there is a (hopefully) useful how-to guide here that should be helpful - there's a lot of information there, but you should also find everything you need! I hope this helps! There are other guides as well (and other routes to getting Gummy Charged), but this one will hopefully be everything you need! I hope this helps!

juanito157 likes this.
  3. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Just used the altered beast package myself since it was the easiest to get up and running (hard not to with an instructional video lol).

Anyway if you were already up to date on EE4 before you rooted your fine. When it asks to update to EE4 after rooting hit yes. Should be a 9mb file.

The phone will reboot and you will come to a point where you see the triangle/android with the exclamation mark and the phone will lock up. Don't panic though just hold the power button down for a few seconds and the phone will reboot again. After that you should be all updated and good to go.

4. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    Thanks appreciate the info... Not going so well with this rom, my text messaging stopped working, not sure why (messages were stuck on PENDING) checked all settings with no luck, finally decided to do a factory wipe, text messaging started working again but I dont have flash and there is no market app. tried downloading the market apk from the web but it says the file is not supported (dont know what to do?) researching it now