1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just rooted, what next?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kieloh, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Kieloh

Kieloh Newbie

Okay so I rooted the phone, S-Off and I installed a Custom ROM (RunnyMede AIO V3.0.5)

That came with Daemon Controller, which I gave Superuser access to, it also came with FasterFix, AdFree & MarketEnabler which asked for SuperUser, but I don't know anything about them...

Is there any apps available on root only phones that anyone can recommend, or anything else I should do now that I have rooted the phone?

Regards,
    Kieloh:eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. all43

all43 Member

Grab titanium back up from the market and back up your apps after installing them so that if and when you get the 'rom flashing bug' under your skin its easier to restore, also do another nand back up and put a copy on your home pc for safe keeping!

Kieloh likes this.
  3. Sak01

Sak01 Android Expert

FasterFix shortens the time it takes for the GPS to get a fix on your position. Works for me and anyone whose phone takes an abnormally long time to get a lock.

AdFree blocks ads in apps but I don't use it as I don't mind developers making free apps supported with ad revenue.

MarketEnabler gives your Market access to apps that are restricted to certain countries.

Titanium Backup is a must for apps. You can get Mybackup Root to backup SMS, dictionaries, alarms. Open Garden Wifi is excellent for tethering.

You might also want to try the UOT website to cook up a nice, personally customised theme for your ROM.

Kieloh likes this.
  4. Kieloh

Kieloh Newbie

Nice one, I'll check out that website now! Is there any recommended settings for Daemon Controller, or a better app even?

I have it set to ondemand atm, but not sure which is best...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews