1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just rooted (YAY) but now cannot assign individual ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chewedpup, Feb 13, 2011.

1. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member

JUST rooted my phone thanks to DonB who helped enormously. Trouble is, before I rooted, I had assigned individual ringtones to different people, so that I could tell just by listening who was calling me. Now I don't have that option. Before, when playing a track, if I selected menu, I think it gave me the option to save as a ringtone for an individual - now the only option I have is to save the ringtone as THE ringtone i.e. same ringtone for every call that comes in. I have gone into the menu option (nothing there) - looked on the internet - nothing there - and this is ONLY since I rooted. Anyone? anyone? Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Go into the Contacts app and then select a contact. Hit the Menu button, choose Options, and you can change the ringtone in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGijbnqM1Qk

The video above shows it on a Verizon Motorola Droid. That should be very similar to AOSP Android 2.2 for the Sprint HTC Hero.

chewedpup likes this.
  3. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member

HOW could I not have figured that out???? THANK YOU!!! (I feel like a fool!) - thanks again. Especially LOVE the video - that is really the best way of doing it. Thank you again.

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

No problem. I am glad it helped.

A visual aid always does the trick. Haha.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Contacts,then hit your contact, then hit menu, then hit Options, voila ringtones.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews