• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just Rooted

leavinghome

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys. Been up for way too long figuring this hack kit/root method. After a few hours and trial and error (not too much error tho hehe) I finally got it. These are just personal opinions but: The phone seems a little speedier, not too much of a difference, all crappy bloatware is gone (which was my main reason for rooting believe it or not, can't stand that bs), signal strength is AMAZING - I usually will get no more than 2 bars in my room (where my comp is) now I get full. Just an FYI, I ended up flashing Android Revolution HD mod, which is pretty stable but has some problems with sound (tolerable, but can kinda get annoying - phone call sound is fine tho, will have some static with speakerphone, ringtones, youtube, etc.). The process was pretty tricky overall, but if you follow the step correctly, you shouldn't have any problems. I'm only experienced in rooting/flashing ROMS with the Captivate which we all know was super easy, so I'm glad to say that I was able to successfully root my Inspire, being a noob and all :) If you guys have any questions or concerns, let me know!

A few links for anyone who's interested:

Keep an eye on this thread, supposedly it will be an easier, noob friendly way of rooting. It seems as if a goldcard is still required.

This thread provides the files needed in order to make a goldcard and root the phone.

This is a step by step video on the entire goldcard/rooting process. It's what I used and is pretty straight forward as long as you follow every step correctly.

This thread is where you can download the Android Revolution HD ROM.

Happy rooting!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones