• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just rooted

phil99

Jun 7, 2010
Hello ive just rooted my phone and put on leedroid version 3.0.7, which im happy with, i have also found a zip file called update which i put on too, does anyone know what this update zip is.
I have also removed ROM manager as shown on the sticky.

What else should i do

"update.zip" could be anything, but if you didn't put it there my guess would be that ROM Manager did (possibly it's the fake flash clockworkmod that RM uses?). Ignore or delete it - I'd not advise flashing things when you don't know what they are.

Otherwise, just have a play and see what's different - it sounds like you've installed the ROM update just fine.

Upvote 0
thanks very much, I did have a few more question but the FAQ section helped me out.

One more then, Ive ordered a new SD card 16gb and will use partition magic so i canuse it with apps2sd. What do i have to do to transfer all my stuff, will it just be copy old sd card to computer or is there more to it

Upvote 0
I don't know Partition Magic, but we generally recommend GPartEd for partitioning - ext3 is a linux filesystem format (which Windows does not understand), and GPartEd is a linux tool, so it's the most reliable way. There's a step-by-step guide to doing this and installing a2sd+ in the Root Memory FAQ.

As for your data, it depends whether you are already using a2sd+ or not. If not, then you just copy the old card to the computer, partition the new card, copy data back onto it, and then follow the FAQ. If you are already using a2sd+ the simplest way would be to take a nandroid, copy everything off the old card (including the nandroid), partition the new card, copy everything back onto the new card (again, including the nandroid), boot into recovery and restore from the nandroid - that will copy the contents of your old card's ext partition onto the new one (whereas a PC cannot see the ext partition on a card, so can't copy directly).

Reactions: phil99
Upvote 0
i have formatted the new card and partitioned it, i have left 1gb for apps2sd using ext3. I did a backup on nandroid, copied everything from my old card to new card.
Inserted new card to phone and went to restore and keep getting an error message, Error while formatting DATA:!

Upvote 0
Its not something I would trust tbh. I only recommend Gparted as its a linux based partitioner, partitioning Linux partitions (Ext). Many windows applications cant handle it and have a higher failure rate. Not to say sometimes it wont be successful though.

The highest failure rate I have seen is with minitool partition wizard. The lowest on windows is Easeus, but Gparted is still much lower than that as this is precisely what it is designed to do.

Also, if you do use gparted to fix this, do not flash the zip align zip from Leedropid as it is not required and will break the partition.

Hope this helps somewhat

Upvote 0
cant fet gparted to work at all. i have done the image and burnt it to disk, tried to boot from disc and it say no operating system what am i doing wrong
If you did burn correctly as an iso file image (what software did you use?), then you only need to make sure that you PC boots the CD drive first and only then from HDD (you can make sure this in BIOS settings).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones