• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just saying hi!!!

Just ordered my HTC Hero from Sprint yesterday, should have it in a couple of days. This is a big jump for me upgrading from a Instinct s30, which is NOT a "smart" phone. Ordered the Hero because after playing with my Stepdaughter's Droid Eris, I was amazed at all of the apps available, & the UI seemed easy to learn & customize.

I'm a little worried about the battery life, seems to be the most common complaint with the Hero. 2nd choice was the Samsung Intrepid, but Win Mobile scares me a little... :eek:

Welcome! Always nice to see people converting over to android.

Fyi Windows mobile is pretty scary! Lol I had it on verizons ozone.. eek what a mess!

TIP: when your not using your hero turn off your gps and WiFi. It really improves battery life. Also I would recommend downloading a task killing application and use it often.

Reactions: carhauler1969
Upvote 0
[[TIP: when your not using your hero turn off your gps and WiFi. It really improves battery life. Also I would recommend downloading a task killing application and use it often.]]

I've heard about TASKiller, is that one good, or are there better ones? I also saw that there are a couple of options for extended life batteries, a 1750mAh, & a 3500mAh battery. I'm pretty sure I'll like this phone, leaning towards the BIG battery, & until the 32GB card comes out the 16GB card. Of course, the big battery will nix the use of the $25 case I ordered w/ the phone...
Being an OTR truck driver, the WiFi & GPS will probably be on 24/7. Any idea if this phone has "phone as modem" capability?

Thanks for the tips!!! =)

Upvote 0
Just ordered my HTC Hero from Sprint yesterday, should have it in a couple of days. This is a big jump for me upgrading from a Instinct s30, which is NOT a "smart" phone. Ordered the Hero because after playing with my Stepdaughter's Droid Eris, I was amazed at all of the apps available, & the UI seemed easy to learn & customize.

I'm a little worried about the battery life, seems to be the most common complaint with the Hero. 2nd choice was the Samsung Intrepid, but Win Mobile scares me a little... :eek:
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Reactions: carhauler1969
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones