1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Just started happeneing...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VestaviaPirate, May 21, 2010.

1. VestaviaPirate

VestaviaPirate New Member

May 20, 2010
    Hey, I recently about 2 weeks ago, made the move to android from windows mobile. I got such a deal, I said to heck with it, I'll just learn about a new OS. I like it so far but recently ran into a problem.

During the day, I sleep, and when the phone is "asleep" I don't get any of the calls, just "missed calls" when I wake it back up. It sleeps by waiting 30 seconds for the back light, then 30 more for "screen timeout". And during all this, for the past 2-3 days I didn't receive any calls, just notices I missed calls. My ring tone is plenty loud, and I sleep with my phone a foot away, so there's no way I slept through those texts or calls.

Also, I think it's related, my alarm, specifically my countdown alarm, won't ring either. I'll set it for 25 min. and occasionally check on it, it's still going. But sometimes I check, it's already gone off, but I didn't hear it.

And yes, all my volumes are at 100%

I have a Hero (obviously), with the leaked signed RUU 2.1 release. It didn't do this when I had 1.5, and didn't do this as soon as I got the leaked 2.1

If anyone could please help a newbie out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I haven't experienced exactly this YET (surprisingly!) but when I still had 1.5 & was having problems w/ my alarm volume turning itself down someone suggested I download a volume/sound control app. I can't think of what it was called now but there's many different ones. You set them to automatically control the individual volumes on your phone. It solved my alarm problem. I had it automatically turn the alarm volume up 1/2 an hour before I needed it, in case it had turned itself down.
    I don't know if this will fix the problem you're having or not. Heck, it might even fix the problem with my ringer not always working! Just a suggestion....good luck!!

Just figured out what the app is called....Sound Manager!

Tags: