1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just started using this little beast.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MLSS, Jan 31, 2016.

1. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

My G3 (boost mobile) took a short drop off a long pier and now lives in the bottom of our big pond....... Really enjoyed the phone but I am now finally using the Moto E I bought as a backup a while back. I opened the box this morning.

I haven't had much time with it but it is a nice little phone so far. [emoji217] [emoji217]

psionandy likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scoson

scoson Well-Known Member

I just got one 2 weeks ago and I agree it's pretty nice. Don't really like that it doesn't have a notification led but I can live with that I suppose.

3. rurocking

rurocking Newbie

I've been using one for the past month. I'm not a power user when it comes to phones, so this little baby is great. Does everything I need and does it well. I'm more of a tablet guy when it comes to doing things mobile.

MLSS likes this.
  4. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I'm still pretty happy with it. I wish it came with more RAM but I'm not to broken up about it lol

5. rurocking

rurocking Newbie

That should be answered once they push Marshmallow. My understanding is that Motorola have now added it to the list.

6. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I heard it was added but not the U.S. version......

7. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I can't believe I left this little monster in the box tucked into a drawer for so long. It sat unopened and unused for months lol
    I really enjoyed the LG G3. It was fast and and responsive. When it ended up in the bottom of the pond I was pretty upset.
    After using the Moto E for almost 2 weeks I am in love with this little phone.
    I wish it had a flash and I wish the front facing camera was a little better. A little more memory would have been awesome as well.
    I think the screen looks great. Colors look sharp to me. Lollipop runs smooth on this device.
    The UI is great. I don't gush and rave about phones very often but I just can't help it with this phone.

8. scoson

scoson Well-Known Member

I'm running nova launcher on it and it's awesome. Don't even think I'll bother rooting it. I'll be unlocked after 1 month tho,:D

roadkill42 and MLSS like this.
  9. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

Unlock ur boot loader root it put the latest twrp then flash the pa ROM then u will get more space and u will get a charge light

#9 roadkill42, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  10. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I'm gonna pass on rooting for a while.

11. amg2000

amg2000 Newbie

Yes, I got mine last year on a Cricket promotion, and basically got the phone for free. It's admittedly bare bones, but so far I'm very happy with it. I love that there's a minimum of bloatware. Still don't have a lot of free space, but I do have a fast 32GB card which holds all my photos, music, et al.
    I'm in the US and I'm really hoping we are going to get Marshmallow.

12. roadkill42

Have cm 13 which is basic mm and a PAC ROM to which is 6.0.1 if member right both run sweet

13. hydroman202

hydroman202 Well-Known Member

If someone could point me to a relevant tutorial or tell me how, i would try and attempt to port that marshmallow firmware that came out in asia to the us variant. I am not even sure it is possible, but its a nice thought anyway.

14. scoson

scoson Well-Known Member

roadkill42 is a bad influence...:D

15. roadkill42

Lol

Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) release date was February 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2390mAh battery.

February 2015
Release Date
Reviews