1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just switched over to Galaxy S2 from BB

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Evan1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Evan1

Evan1 Newbie
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Hi All,

I just switched over and am somewhat overwhlemed with all the control that I have on my galaxy s2. I have a few questions and points to make.

1 - My phone is not responsive during charge.
    2 - I downloaded juice defender and I am not sure if I need to do anything now?
    3 - When I go into task manager am I supposed to clear the memory as well as kill the open apps.
    4 - I noticed today that some contacts are duplicates and was not sure what that meant. I use microsft exchange server.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

1. Are you using the a/c charger or plugging the phone into a PC? A PC establishes a data connection and may unmount your sd partition depending on how it is set up.

2. Don't know, I don't use it. I would guess you could let it run using the default settings, but that may have something to do with question #1.

3. No, it is there as a utility for troubleshooting. It's best to let Android manage memory for you.

4. If you are sync'ing both gmail contacts and exchange contacts, then yes, you'll have duplicates. You can join the dups so they appear as one.

Because the Galaxy S2 classification covers different models from different carriers, the forums have been split so not to cause any confusion. Select the forum appropriate to your phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

3. Evan1

Evan1 Newbie
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    I am on Sprint. I am not sure how to combine contacts. Is there a thread or tutorial that explains that procedure.

Thank you

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you look at your contacts, choose one of the duplicates and press menu. You should see the option to join there. it will being up your contacts list and you select the other contact of the same name.

5. Evan1

Evan1 Newbie
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Also what does it mean to merge with Google. It is very important that my contacts are synced with my outlook as I sometimes add and remove contacts from outlook which I need to syn with my Galaxy