1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just switched to Android from an iPhone! Couple questions though

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kgor93, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kgor93

Kgor93 Member
    None

Aug 13, 2012
    So I finally did it! I bought a Galaxy S3 to replace my iPhone 4S. Love it so far. Couple of questions though. Is there a way to enable autocorrect by pressing space? On my iPhone, it would autocorrect a word by pressing space. On Android, you actually have to click the word which I'm finding a bit annoying.

My other question has to do with my messages app. I imported all my messages from my iPhone. There's probably close to 12,000 total if not more. This is a lot, but was never an issue on my old iphone. I'm noticing the app is running pretty slow. Short of deleting my messages, is there any way to increase speed and responsiveness? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2012
    Female
    I'll try my best, I have had android for a few months. No doubt someone with more experience will come in as well. But try an alternative keyboard like Kii or swiftkey. They "learn" as you type and autocorrect with a space. They also have other cool features like arrow keys and number pads. As for messaging, you may try saving them on your SD card, but the more messages you have, the slower it will work. I know there are alternative messaging apps, but i havent tried those.

3. Kgor93

Kgor93 Member
    None

Aug 13, 2012
    Swiftkey works great! Thanks! Fits my typing style very well.

4. RAZRi_Man

RAZRi_Man Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Male
    Auto-correct on pressing the space bar? That would annoy the hell out of me but each to their own I guess. :)

Oh...and congratulations on escaping the Reality Distortion Field :D

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I don't believe there is an option for that in the default keyboard, but like you said you downloaded Swiftkey which does have that option, and is a great keyboard :)

EDIT: Just found an option in mine, but my device is rooted...but Swiftkey is fantastic step up in the keyboard categories so I am glad you found the right fit for you :D

6. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    Been using swift myself for around a year, couldn't imagine going back to stock, even for just typing out one post :D

DS