• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just threw my eris at the floor as hard as i could.

I wouldn't. Ever. But I realize now with the phone that I should have just bought American and gone with the iPhone.

Sorry, but this phone is a piece (in my experience). I've had mine for about six months now. Thought the new os would change things. It didn't. Still freezes, still lags. I wouldn't really say I'm a power user either. I followed the forum advice. Tried to do what has worked for others. But it could just as easily have been me that threw the phone.

I'd quit complaining and buy a new phone if I knew what to get. I don't want to leave Verizon. I could easily leave Google. Don't really know what to think of HTC as this was my first HTC phone. Any advice? Maybe I'll just keep holding my breath and wait until Apple makes a phone for Verizon.

Droid X, you will like it.

Upvote 0

Well, for some.

For others...

dunce-cap.jpg

Upvote 0
ive already said it was stupid, i know, i knew that when i did it. i did it because i was so fed up with the phone not working like a phone should. i was working on my wifes car at the time i needed a number out of my phone, after 2 battery pulls and i was still unable to get to that number, that was it, i was done with the eris.

First off, how old are you? Second, you couldn't get a number out of the phone after 3 tries??? Suspicious story. Never, ever seen anyone complain that they simply couldn't bring up the people app & find a number.

Upvote 0
First off, how old are you? Second, you couldn't get a number out of the phone after 3 tries??? Suspicious story. Never, ever seen anyone complain that they simply couldn't bring up the people app & find a number.

lol im 29. suspicious story huh? wow, guess you havnt heard all the problems this phone can have.

Upvote 0
so i told them the truth frisco. now i up here with you, looking down. you said you have never had a problem with your eris so you would have no idea what i went through with this phone. i see you spend alot of time on this site,(from what i gather you are one of the coolest kids on here) i dont have that much free time myself. i did take my phone back to verizon, several times as there is a store here in my town. the reason i kept resetting and "dealing" with it is because i was told i would just be shipped a refurbed eris. i know thats what im getting now, im going to sell it and get something else.

Upvote 0
Hello, no-idea.

The kind of advice, or remark I made about the OP here comes from two different quarters of some people such as myself..

..1., from parental upbringing and other moral teaching here and there growing up, and 2., from screwing things up big-time and then, at some point, when that situation arose again, rejecting the attitude and actions which led up to the destruction or other mayhem.

In the case of breaking things in anger, been there/done that. ;) There is no benefit from doing it; it's a waste of time and resources and it can wreck, at least temporarily, people's trust in you.

I'm just doing my best to pass to others, once in a while, and many more here do it, a few things that (I hope) I've learned in my (mumble ;)) years of life.

I'm not very good at doing that if it's putting people off. I apologize for putting you off, if I did.

Upvote 0
I think no-idea may have come up with the ultimate update for fixing all the eris's problems. Just throw it as hard as you can at the ground, take it in to verizon, get a refurb and sell it for something else. Sounds pretty easy to me.
Throwing your phone at that ground voids your warranty, so you can't take it to Verizon. So, that's not quite how it works.

Upvote 0
so jealous, my Eris should be lying in the pile there with yours. i have come centimeters from hitting the floor with mine. entire motion and all, just havent been able to let it go. i do applaud you, but i also hope to be the wiser for having enough patience to wait out the update. so far so good, though i still resent my phone for tricking on me for a couple months...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones