• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Torn Between Two Cases.

Which case would you get?

• Total voters

blackepoxy

Android Expert
Jan 14, 2011
Dirty South, Louisiana

Just torn!
I am currently trying to choose between the Trident Aegis and Seidio Active cases for dinc 2. I was going to get an Otterbox commuter series but the slick hard plastic back turned me off to it. It seems like that will make it easier to drop, kinda defeating the purpose. I like the feel and grip of a all silicone case, but want more protection.

The Trident Aegis looks like a great alternative to Otterbox defender (these are soooo ugly, I might add, especially for iphone 3g Yuck!!!) for full encapsulation protection. My concerns are: How much bulk it will add, How easy it is to take on and off, I have four batteries with independent charging cradle so I will need to take it on and off to a swap low battery for a full one, & last will I be able to see the notification light through it?
This full encapsulation Trident Aegis case seems like the way to go, and the one I should get for max protection in the long run. Of course the added bulk is a negative, but come on it's a full encapsulation case, I just don't want to feel like I am carrying around a brick.
Plus, the last time I checked, it did'nt look like the law of gravity would be changed or altered anytime soon.

The other is the Seidio Active, a hybrid case of soft and hard plastic. I like this design, it has silicone on the inside too and rubber feel on the back, plus silicone covers for the power and volume rocker. This one probably won't add bulk, and I really like the back design, being reinforced on critical drop points.
I have found both on ebay starting at around 22 dollars.

This probably really just boils down
to personal preference and just plain being picky, but when you know exactly what you want & don't want ...nothing else will do.

Does anyone have the Trident? How is the bulk factor and the ease off putting it on and taking it off?
Does the led light shine through the front mesh well?

See more of both here.
HTC DROID Incredible 2 Protector Cases

Attachments

• Trident green front.jpg
    Trident green front.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 127
  • Trident aegis black front.jpg
    Trident aegis black front.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Seidio active black back.jpg
    Seidio active black back.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 108
I am having the same problem, but mine is between the Seidio Active and Surface. The active from what I understand is for more rugged use, which I won't be doing. The only thing really holding me back from getting the surface is I am trying to find out the texture of it. I currently have a gel and it seems to get caught up when entering or exiting my pocket. I want to fix that problem on my next case purchase.

Out the 2 cases you are asking about, I like the Active.

Upvote 0
I have the Trident and I like it. It doesn't add that much bulk. I personally like the feel of a bigger phone so I can grip it better. The hard plastic part is a non slip texture so it won't slide around, but it still slides in and out of a pocket with ease. I feel a lot safer with my phone in my pocket with this case on it. You can also see the LED through the mesh. It can be kinda faint, but if your inside and it's not sitting in direct light you should be able to see it.

Reactions: blackepoxy
Upvote 0
I bought the Verizon case/holster combo (Amazon.com: New OEM Verizon HTC Incredible 2 Shell Holster Combo w/ Kickstand: Electronics). The thing is great. It's looks and feels good, provides adequate protection (for your typical house--> work or house--> school trips). The kickstand is a nice added bonus. Quality is good. I'm happy with it. On days when I'm doing the suit & tie thing, I think I'll roll with the VZW.

With that being said, I also have a Seidio active case/holster on the way. It looks to be a more solid piece of protection for the phone. On days where I'll be doing things like hiking/camping/traveling/etc I think I'll roll with the active.

It never hurts to have multiple cases for your DInc2.

Upvote 0
I use one by TPU cases (think that's the name). It's pretty much identacle to the one Verizon has (not on their website, have to ask Cust. Service for it.) It doesn't add a lot of bulk and the TPU (thermo polymer urethane) is like plastic in feel but streches just enough to slide on the phone.

I had a similar one on my Inc1 (by Verizon, they called it a High Gloss Silicon, just as they do their model for the Inc2) and still do. It hasn't stretched out to where it is loose on the phone after 15 months of use, and it seems to cushion it better from falls/drops than a hard plastic one does.

The only issue I have with the one currently on my Inc2 is on this model it leaves the power/lock button open, whereas the one for my Inc1 had what looked like a button protruding from the case over the power/lock button. The reason I mention this is the p/l button on the Inc2 is a lot harder to push than on the Inc1, & with the case surrounding the button it compunds the problem. Verizon's Inc2 High Gloss Silicon case also leaves the p/l button exposed, which is odd since their Inc1 version did not. I have found one on HTCPedia.com's store that does cover the button for $12.99, and will be ordering it shortly.

That's my $.02.

Upvote 0
I've been meaning to do a video review of my VZW case... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Now that I have a Seidio active on the way, I'll probably do a video review for each one the new one gets here(there are a couple on YouTube of the active already, but I'll prolly do my own anywho). I am leaving the country less than 48 hours after the active is due to arrive, however, so it may or may not get done before I leave.

I'll be sure to share them here when done and uploaded.

Upvote 0
I have the innocase for my Eris, which has the same style clip as the active. I had no problems getting it in/out one-handed (granted that phone is smaller than the DInc2). With the phone mounted horizontally (parallel to the floor), I'd just palm the phone and use my index finger to push open the claw.

Bam! I have a phone in hand.

...and I didn't even have to put down my beer!! :D

Upvote 0
:D
I've been meaning to do a video review of my VZW case... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Now that I have a Seidio active on the way, I'll probably do a video review for each one the new one gets here(there are a couple on YouTube of the active already, but I'll prolly do my own anywho). I am leaving the country less than 48 hours after the active is due to arrive, however, so it may or may not get done before I leave.

I'll be sure to share them here when done and uploaded.

Thanks for the idea about the videos.
I saw the one for the dinc 2 seidio active case, I realize now it is two pieces, a soft polymer skin and then hard plastic that clips over it.
I thought it was just one piece.
I don't want the holster part with it. I just like to keep my phone in my pocket.
I also saw a vid for the trident aegis for htc inspire (think that's what it was, looks like it is exactly the same as the seidio active, having a silicone skin then hard plastic that clips over it. I thought the trident was a case with the clear membrane built in, you put the entire phone into, like a otterbox defender for iphone...that's why in the first post when I started the thread I kept saying full encapsulation about the trident aegis, I thought it was weird that it comes with a screen protector!?
I know I sure don't want the otterbox defender for dinc 2!, man that thing is a behemoth!!!:eek:
Interesting... Leaning more towards the Seidio Active now...like how it keeps the plateau on the back.:D

Well, a I made my choice. I ordered the Black Seidio Active (case only) for $23.94, including the shipping.
Thanks for the help 'yall!!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones