1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Just updated to 2.3.4 debloated.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TonyT1990, Aug 29, 2011.

1. TonyT1990

TonyT1990 Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks to the guys over at androidflip (Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread EP1H Firmware On Samsung Droid Charge [Installing Guide]) I now have gingerbread on my phone. Just wanted to share my thoughts about this leak. First i noticed they removed a lot of apps including the stock music player and left just a standard one. I dont mind that as much but I have noticed the 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen do not light up anymore. Again not that big of a deal. other then that its a pretty smooth. cant wait until the full is released... someday haha

Advertisement

2. greenmunky

greenmunky Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Craft Beer Provider
    Spring, TX
    I'd recommend giving GummyCharge GB a whirl. The button lighting is fixed and its super-stripped down of all the useless stock apps and such.

3. TonyT1990

TonyT1990 Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    I might just do that. Thanks. I wish they would just release gingerbread and be done with it haha. It doesn't seem like my battery lasts very long either so that's just another reason for me to try gummycharge.

4. greenmunky

greenmunky Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Craft Beer Provider
    Spring, TX

If you flash Gummy 2.0 (Froyo) first and allow the Voodoo conversion, there's a way to flash Gummy GBE and keep Voodoo.

5. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    Ok, I have a question... When we get the official Gingerbread Ota update. Is this update going to cure all the issues? Lagging, re-boots and Gps? Or is the current file system problem still going to exist? Otherwise I may as well root, ive been putting it off because I was going to sell the phone and pick up a Bionic, my contract is up for renewal but ive decided to keep it. I actually dig this phone and from what I hear rooting is the cure all! Any help would be appreciated, I would like to root tonight pending response. Thanks

6. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    Anyone? Hello?

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009

Any and all issues could persist. Until it is officially released, who knows. IMO, none of the leaks have been "perfect."

Yes, the same file system has been used with each of the GB leaks so far.

8. HBLush

HBLush Member
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    I know you just got the ep1h, but that's out of date. The current one is the ep1w, just released, and from what I understand the final build. I know that is just supposed to be the modem, but it seems very quick. I am using the debloated version.

Droid Charge Gingerbread (2.3.4) (EP1W) Leaked - Official Build

9. trparky

trparky Android Enthusiast
    None

Rumors say that there is going to be one or two more leaks (probably one more) until we see the final OTA update. There's still a couple of bugs that they have to squash before the final release is made public.

I just hope that the source code (especially the kernel source code) is released quickly by Samsung after the OTA so kejar31 can update his Gingerbread GummyCharged build. I have no plans to go back to stock ROM, Verizon can keep their bloated mess.