• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just updated to 2.3.4 debloated.....

TonyT1990

Lurker
Feb 19, 2010
Thanks to the guys over at androidflip (Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread EP1H Firmware On Samsung Droid Charge [Installing Guide]) I now have gingerbread on my phone. Just wanted to share my thoughts about this leak. First i noticed they removed a lot of apps including the stock music player and left just a standard one. I dont mind that as much but I have noticed the 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen do not light up anymore. Again not that big of a deal. other then that its a pretty smooth. cant wait until the full is released... someday haha

I'd recommend giving GummyCharge GB a whirl. The button lighting is fixed and its super-stripped down of all the useless stock apps and such.

I might just do that. Thanks. I wish they would just release gingerbread and be done with it haha. It doesn't seem like my battery lasts very long either so that's just another reason for me to try gummycharge.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have a question... When we get the official Gingerbread Ota update. Is this update going to cure all the issues? Lagging, re-boots and Gps? Or is the current file system problem still going to exist? Otherwise I may as well root, ive been putting it off because I was going to sell the phone and pick up a Bionic, my contract is up for renewal but ive decided to keep it. I actually dig this phone and from what I hear rooting is the cure all! Any help would be appreciated, I would like to root tonight pending response. Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, I have a question... When we get the official Gingerbread Ota update. Is this update going to cure all the issues? Lagging, re-boots and Gps? Or is the current file system problem still going to exist? Otherwise I may as well root, ive been putting it off because I was going to sell the phone and pick up a Bionic, my contract is up for renewal but ive decided to keep it. I actually dig this phone and from what I hear rooting is the cure all! Any help would be appreciated, I would like to root tonight pending response. Thanks

Any and all issues could persist. Until it is officially released, who knows. IMO, none of the leaks have been "perfect."

Yes, the same file system has been used with each of the GB leaks so far.

Upvote 0
Rumors say that there is going to be one or two more leaks (probably one more) until we see the final OTA update. There's still a couple of bugs that they have to squash before the final release is made public.

I just hope that the source code (especially the kernel source code) is released quickly by Samsung after the OTA so kejar31 can update his Gingerbread GummyCharged build. I have no plans to go back to stock ROM, Verizon can keep their bloated mess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones