• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just updated to 4.3 on Sprint.

AndroidMax

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Lots of cool new stuff, and one or two big boos.

Cool new stuff I have found so far:
Swype keyboard.
Menu improvements!
I can now say "snooze" or "alarm off", and it works!
Using my Bluetooth headset, I can now talk to Google search.
Better control of directions volume when using Google navigation and talking on phone at same time.

Boo stuff:
Battery life decreased
Phone constantly indicated that it is downloading Every file I have ever downloaded any time there is an app update. I don't think it is, but it is f'in annoying.

That's it so far

also discovered that when I set the lock screen to display the clock and the date, it displays the clock and the day and time of the next alarm. No date. This one is weird have not figured out why yet.

I have the Sprint GS3 also, model SPH-L710, ver 4.3, build MK3. The lock screen on my phone shows the date. Go to settings, my device, lock screen, lock screen widgets, then click on the check box that says "show date".

Upvote 0
Lots of cool new stuff, and one or two big boos.

Cool new stuff I have found so far:
Swype keyboard.
Menu improvements!
I can now say "snooze" or "alarm off", and it works!
Using my Bluetooth headset, I can now talk to Google search.
Better control of directions volume when using Google navigation and talking on phone at same time.

Boo stuff:
Battery life decreased
Phone constantly indicated that it is downloading Every file I have ever downloaded any time there is an app update. I don't think it is, but it is f'in annoying.

That's it so far
\

Did you notice that now you can turn off the click sound when you use the camera to take a picture? Just lower the volume to vibrate or mute before you go to the camera app and the click sound is now gone!

I didn't experience any decrease in battery life when I upgraded to 4.3. In fact it seems a little better now.

What helps me with battery life is turning off "use wireless networks", under location services, I also removed the Accu Weather widget from my home screen, and turned off Dropbox and ChatON, which I don't use. Active widgets on my home screens seem to cause the battery to drain faster and also caused some jerkyness when moving from screen to screen. So no more auto-updating widgets for me. I only sync my calendar, contacts and gmail, no Facebook or Twitter. I really like this update so far.

Upvote 0
I have no real problems with the update. I actually like alot of the updates. However, one issue I have is that my notifications do not have the ability to vibrate. The settings show that the vibration intensity for notifications is set to highest. When I set the phone to vibrate, notifications shows it's muted and I cannot set it to vibrate.

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones