1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Just updated to CM7.1 and have some questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by klouud, Dec 18, 2011.

1. klouud

klouud Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Hi guys!

Do I need to use these apps in 7.1?

1. battery calibration app?
    2. screen calibration app?

both of these were recommended in all previous versions of Phirmod and CyanogenMod7.

I love how everything just works in this new build! Still waiting on Hulu Plus app to hit the market place

I also am still having issues with this:

3. How do we apply custom wallpaper without it looking like absolute crap? Every time I use a custom wallpaper that is resized to fit the nook color's resolution, it asks me to crop the wallpaper and then it looks like crap.

HELP!

thanx,

tim/klouud

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I use wallpaper rotator and have it rotate the images I have in a wallpaper folder on my sdcard every hour.

Regarding your other two apps, if battery life is accurate and screen isn't causing problem, I wouldn't worry about them. They do nothing unless you actually open them and use them. Before running screen calibration, you should make sure your screen is spotless with a microfiber cloth.

klouud likes this.
  3. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Not required. I do find that the battery gauge is often incorrect until I let the battery run all the way down at least once. I'd say don't worry about it.
    The Nook screen recalibration app seemed to help with hitting buttons with my finger, especially when running at 160 dpi. At higher dpi settings, particularly 240 dpi, it is less of a problem. You get BIG buttons though!
    Hulu Plus is in the Android Market today. I suspect some hacking on build.prop will be necessary. It appears to work well on my Motorola Droid 2 phone. I'm not a subscriber, so can't fully test. It doesn't like CM, nor the Nook Color.
    Ideally, you'd find some wallpaper already sized for the NC. You might try Wallpaper Wizardrii (free) from the Market. It lets you do a number of modifications to existing pics that might help.

klouud likes this.
  4. klouud

klouud Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    thanx guys!

Any other tips and tricks for CM7.1?

I love how Android allows for installation of apps from dropbox and doing all the cool stuff that iOS does without a jailbreak. Really really cool.

thanx again

tim

Oh yeah. What is the best way to transfer and apply wallpaper so it shows up not looking distorted?

5. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Male
    Ohio
    I use Zedge for my wallpapers, I don't see any distortion when I apply the wallpapers from within the app. I have noticed it when I try to apply them myself. Although it also doesn't let me apply my own wallpapers if I want to without the distortion.

6. vol84eng

vol84eng Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Sales Engineer
    Maryville, TN
    How do you move apps from the launcher to the tablet-top?

Never mind, figured it out.