• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just upgraded from Note 2

Sovby

May 15, 2013
I got my note 4 about a week ago & i really love it. Going from the note 2 it's quite a difference. They have made alot of nice upgrades since then. I really like the improvements of the s pen & am learning to use it more. The milti window feature is really nice although i wish all of my apps were availiable. I tried to use the finger print scanner but it was a little too sensitive. Last night when i was out i could not get it to work so it started asking me for my password which i tied to put in. I was sure i was putting it in right but i was drinking at the time so that might of been what the problem was. It finally got to the point where it wiped out all of my data & did a factory reset. I was a little upset about it since i had to reinstall everything & i lost everything that was on my sd card. I dont think i will use the security feature on it anymore.

I've never used the finger print scanner thing for the phone. There are a lot of cases now where a judge has ruled that if it's locked by finger print you have to open it fro the police. Where as encrypted and a password, they can not force you to open it, or give them the password. It violates your right against self incrimination. The password being information that could incriminate you.

Not that I'm doing anything suspicious, i just don't want some random cop going through my phone if I can help it.

Upvote 0
I got my note 4 about a week ago & i really love it. Going from the note 2 it's quite a difference. They have made alot of nice upgrades since then. I really like the improvements of the s pen & am learning to use it more. The milti window feature is really nice although i wish all of my apps were availiable. I tried to use the finger print scanner but it was a little too sensitive. Last night when i was out i could not get it to work so it started asking me for my password which i tied to put in. I was sure i was putting it in right but i was drinking at the time so that might of been what the problem was. It finally got to the point where it wiped out all of my data & did a factory reset. I was a little upset about it since i had to reinstall everything & i lost everything that was on my sd card. I dont think i will use the security feature on it anymore.

Same thing happened to wife with her Note 4, so I also decided not to even try this feature. It's just not perfected. Interestingly, my son has not had a problem with the finger print scanner on his iPhone 6+.

Upvote 0
I use Finger print scanning, I have been using it since I got the phone in mid-October, and yep sometimes its a bit off, but 95% of the time it works flawlessly, you must setup your finger prints in every way it is comfy, e.g: a vertical and horizontal swipe of each finger you use.

What I like WRT Finger print, someone can watch me unlock and can't see my password as after all it is me :D .

Upvote 0
I had no issues with my finger print scanner on the Note 4. I stopped using it because of how I hold my phone. I don't want to always use 2 hands when unlocking my phone.

Also, if someone wants to, they can unlock your phone while you sleep by wiping your finger across it, out worse yet, cut off your finger.

I know this is extreme, but I like to cover my bases ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones