1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just Upgraded...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KrippyKreme, Jun 9, 2011.

1. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    ...to an Incredible 2. Well, I guess I just did a lateral from the Droid X. Was sick of the horrible camera and slow response. I've noticed a lot of negative feedback here about the 2. Surely I didn't make a bad decision, did I? The camera takes good pictures, right and the phone is as quick as other comparable models, correct?

Advertisement

2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    No worries ... You didn't make a mistake. Welcome, cheers

3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    I'm curious as to what negative feedback you've heard? I've seen many happy DInc 2 users on here who would love to address whatever concerns you've got for the phone.

4. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    +1. the only thing i would change about this phone is the locked bootloader atm. everything else is pretty much perfect for me.

5. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    I upgraded from the X to the Dinc2 and find the Dinc2 a superior phone

6. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    IT bitch
    Hell's Outhouse
    Definitely won't get much negative feedback from me, but I can always find something to gripe about. Coming from a Droid 2 Global though, this phone is God-send.

7. KrippyKreme

None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    I was browsing through the thread titles and most seem to be negative. I will say that most of the time, other than people showing off pictures or mentioning apps, etc., they are here to discuss things that have gone wrong and are looking for a fix. So, I guess we will see on Monday whether I have made the right decision. Right about now, it seems that anything is an upgrade from the Droid X and the horrible camera it has. Well, except a Blackberry or a Casio Boulder or a Windows phone or....you get the point.

8. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    IT bitch
    Hell's Outhouse
    Every smartphone has issues...some major, some minor. This phone definitely has some minor issues, and some people are experiencing major issues. Predominantly, from what I have seen across several forums, most people experience minor issues.

Having been around the block a few times with phones running most OS'es (exceptions are PalmOS, webOS, and latest versions of Windows), I can say this has been probably the best phone I've owned, with the minor exception of my Treo 750, which I loved. And it is definitely way better than my POS Droid 2 Global.

9. KrippyKreme

None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    Same here; I've had damn near every OS out there except the old Palm OS and the new Windows platform. To be quite honest, if HP (formerly Palm) would put out decent hardware and entice developers to create better/more apps, I would've stayed with the Pre. Overclocked to 1ghz, it was quicker than ANY Android phone I've EVER used. The interface is incredible, but their hardware is lame and out of date. iOS is nice, but they need to switch it around some and present a different hardware before I would ever jump on that bandwagon.

I 've never owned an HTC other than the old HTC Touch (XV6900) years ago, but I really like HTC Sense. I hope it all works out well for me.

Question: When you press the camera button to take a picture, is it automatic or does it take a second or two to re-focus and adjust to lighting, etc. before it snaps the shot? That's my problem with the X now. I take a picture and it takes forever to focus and usually by that time, the image I was taking has changed (i.e. kid moving hand or looking away).

10. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    I think you'll see this trend in any phone forum. I think it's mainly because, when you come to forum and post, you don't come to praise devices, you come to ask for help to fix it. I believe that in MANY phone forums, if people posted positively as well, not as many phones would get a bad rap. Check the older threads in the Inc 2 forum and you'll see a lot of great feedback.

As far as your camera speed question goes, this phone's camera is not INSTANTANEOUS. You can tap the screen where you want it to focus so it won't delay as long to do it after you hit the shutter button. So, for me, after focusing on a spot in the frame, then hitting the shutter button, it took maybe half a second (including flash) to actually capture a photo.

Hope this helps ease any concerns, bud.