• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Voided My Eris Over Trackball! Waste!

I Just cracked open my Eris to clean the trackball. No Biggie, mine was the "Get One Free!" Eris.:D
I've owned BB's in the past and have Popped them out to clean.
Problem is, the trackball was nowhere near being dirty!:eek:
I've had some pretty cruddy looking trackballs on my BB so I know what they look like.
Does anyone know of or heard that the Eris trackball is just defective?:(
I've scanned the posts and have only come across the suggestions to wipe it down with an alcohol swab.
I've done that repeatedly and still get my screens shifting to the left. It's a big problem, I've dialed plenty of people because of this.:mad:
I'm just looking for some input from others with this problem, I might just take the trackball out and cover the opening.....:rolleyes:

one theory is it is a bad ground or something, the screen reacts to your touch VIA electrical sensitivity so if you have rouge current near the screen it goofs it up.

many phones will act funky when plugged in, some will act funky even when not plugged in.

regardless though, if you can duplicate it...get it replaced.

Just a thought here...

couldn't someone just make an app that will run your home screen to the left? Then take that into the store and show them, get your replacement and then root it?

Upvote 0
Just a thought here...

couldn't someone just make an app that will run your home screen to the left? Then take that into the store and show them, get your replacement and then root it?

That is Fraud my good friend. Please don't get this site in any legal troubles
by plotting to make Fraudulent claims.

Any ways even if someone did that when they go in the back and do the factory reset the app will be gone and the Eris will be fixed.

Upvote 0

That is Fraud my good friend. Please don't get this site in any legal troubles
by plotting to make Fraudulent claims.

Any ways even if someone did that when they go in the back and do the factory reset the app will be gone and the Eris will be fixed.

Um, ok.

I am not promoting fraud and suggesting anyone do this, but just making a statement.

I for one would not for the simple fact that my Eris runs perfectly. I don't want to return it unless it has a problem for the fear that the replacement I get will have issues like some others have been reporting (silent, dialer lag, trackball, ect.).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones