1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just wanted to say hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Enmortalsoul, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Enmortalsoul

Enmortalsoul Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hello everyone...

Ive had my HTC EVO for a few months now. I really would like to root it so that i can use it as a wireless modem, but Im so scared that afterwards I wont be able to change it back and I hear that if you do (root) you lose your warranty on it.

Can someone please tell me if its safe to do. And, HOW to root it. I would like to consider myself a pc nerd...But, im not, lol. I need a step by step on what to do, when to do it and how to do it....oh! and where to look to do it.

Now, I've been using PdaNet free edition. Its ok but its slow when it comes to looking at movies. And then sometimes it will get knocked off or it will say some sort of "error"..not sure the exact words.

I hope im not being a bother about it cus, i know this question had to have been asked hundreds of times.

Please help.....
    Enmortal

Advertisement

2. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Hello and welcome to the Forum. Go to the EVO sub-forum and you will see a rooted section that will provide you with all the information you need. Someone there may help you go through the steps as well,just ask ..good look.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!