1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips Just wanted to share my scare {Tasker}

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ArmadaTattoo, Sep 18, 2010.

1. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

So I was playing around with Tasker today. I wanted to set up a Low Power mode so that I could click a widget and certain tasks would be performed, namely:
    Wifi Off
    Bluetooth Off
    APN Off
    Screen Brightness lowered
    Screen Timeout lowered etc etc etc

So I set it up and tested it. All fine.

Once I had set the widget up I wanted to turn my APN etc back on, however APNdroid was not having any effect.

So I tried using Extended controls to get APN back - no such luck.

I did some searching and found that uninstalling or reinstalling APNdroid can get your APN back. So I did this but still no luck. I then realised I had no way of getting APNdroid reinstalled as I had no available Wifi.

Eventually I downloaded a copy to my laptop and copied it across via usb. Still no good. I was starting to panic.

In total I have spent 4 hours today tring to find an answer. I was in the process of putting up a post to ask for help when I decided I would try editing the APN settings manually. Thank god I did.

Turns out Extended Controls and APN Droid had both tried to edit the APN settings at the same time and had changed them to a value neither could reset. So I manually removed the APN settings and put them back in and.... voila, APN is back.

So I guess I learned two things:

1. Dont have two different programs turning on and off your APN
    2. Sometimes you can fix things yourself without looking/asking for help online!

Who would've thunk it?

Advertisement

2. lekky

lekky Lover

they turn off your mobile data by changing your apn (name). You should have first come to the forum to ask, could have saved a few hours :p