• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Justin Case 8.9 to 10" Universal Charger Case with 11,600 mAh battery

Rabid1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2011
I just got the black Justin Case Universal Charger case from QVC.

e224791.201

It is your basic folio case/stand with elastic at the corners that can take a tablet from 8.9 to 10.1 inches. I have tested it with all my tablets and so far it works with all but the Nook HD +. It has a simple LED indicator for how much charge the battery has on it. It charged a 5800mAh battery from 50% to full in a little over than an hour. It doesn't say in the specs but I am testing now to see if it will shut off or run as a parallel battery, I know some do.

So why post this here? How about charging the Hp Touchpad @ 2000ma? Tested on all 3 of mine with JCsullins app. I actually bought it for another tablet but now it's on my daily driver Touchpad. I charged it from 75% and the indicator on the Justin is still @ full which means it is over 80% according to their support.

To protect it's battery it uses a low amp charger which is fine figuring it should only need to be charged after 4 or 5 charges on the tablet. For $69 it's a great deal. I had have had a couple of others like Xtreme and Digital Treasures plus just portable charges and none have worked this well.

Let's run the numbers. Your average 3.2A phone battery lasts one day. So this big box will charge your phone almost 4 days.

If I'm going to be away from any and all sources of power (including sunshine), I don't think I'd be close enough to a tower to worry about whether my phone was charged. (Or care - I don't go that far from civilization to be a cube monkey in a sand chair.)

Upvote 0
Third party chargers, which is what your battery pack is, just uses a battery instead of wall power, only charge the HP TouchPad at 500mA. This just barely enough to keep a TP from using it's own battery while being used. With the TP asleep, WiFI turned off, one's TP might charge up in 24 hours depending on how discharged the battery is. I would be interested in seeing you monitoring the charging/discharging status while on this battery pack using Battery Monitor Widget for a few days. That will give you some history to report back to us on how well it keeps the TP charged up and what the TP is using while on the battery pack.

Upvote 0
Third party chargers, which is what your battery pack is, just uses a battery instead of wall power, only charge the HP TouchPad at 500mA.

You must have missed the part about jcsullins app showing the charge @ 2000ma. I charged it overnight from 35% and this morning it was @ 100% so about 8 hours. I don't know what time the charge cut off though. It did use about 50% of the battery which is a little more than I expected.

Their tech support says the battery doesn't run in parallel but I watched 2 episodes of Arrow through Netflix and the TP only lost 4%, but I don't know if that could also be detrimental to the case battery.

Attachments

• hpcase2.jpg
    hpcase2.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
You must have missed the part about jcsullins app showing the charge @ 2000ma. I charged it overnight from 35% and this morning it was @ 100% so about 8 hours. I don't know what time the charge cut off though. It did use about 50% of the battery which is a little more than I expected.

Their tech support says the battery doesn't run in parallel but I watched 2 episodes of Arrow through Netflix and the TP only lost 4%, but I don't know if that could also be detrimental to the case battery.

Sullins app only gives you a general reading. That is why I suggested Battery Monitor Widget. This battery pack may very well be the exception to the rule, but you need to use an app that can document that, ie. BMW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones