1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Justin.tv and Ustream

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pucrepeap, Sep 17, 2010.

1. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    So with football season in bloom and Hockey season about to start I love streaming college games through Justin.tv and sometimes Ustream. I also use some other sites that I can't mention for pro games....essentially they broadcast off private channels on Justin.tv.

But I haven't had much luck with either of those sites on my Incredible.

Has anyone successfully been able to get a good stream off those sites? How about ESPN3? Been spotty at best for me there.

--I wish Justin.tv would have a viewing app along with the broadcasting app they released. Something similar to what NFL Mobile has. That works pretty good.

Advertisement

2. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    i just get the link i want by going on my computer and then email then click from gmail on the Dinc an it works usually the few times i tried

3. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    That probably would work. But if I have access to my computer I most likely would watch what I want on there instead of on my phone :(

Direct from the site, it works ok. Choppy, I guess I should expect that since there's a god chance that some college student is broadcasting it from his HP.

The one I use for the pros links justin.tv or ustream or other random broadcast links, but they do it using a pop-up. That's where I usually run into problems. Videos don't show on those pop-ups.

I'll have to experiment a little more.

4. Joshuahist

Joshuahist Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Education
    Philadelphia
    I don't know about the other two sites, but ESPN3 worked great for me for the Boise State game at a Phillies game.

5. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Male
    Self Employed IT Engineer
    U.S.A.
    Just get a SlingBox and be done with it! Watch anywhere, worldwide on laptop or phone (if they have CDMA).