1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

K-9 Folder Class Question(s)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Momomuffins, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Momomuffins

Momomuffins Newbie
    None

I tried searching the forum before making this post but didn't see anything related to what I need info on...sorry if there's something I missed...I have a newborn, I'm an Android newb, I've only used Blackberry for the past several years, I have tons of Gmail folders and not much time :p

Can someone give a quick explanation of the difference between 1st and 2nd class display, sync and push classes? Also, just to be sure I'm doing this right, if there are some Gmail folders/labels I absolutely don't want sync'd to my phone, do I make sure 'none' is selected for all 3 settings? What about some folders I rarely get mail on but would like to be notified on my phone if a new message arrives? Lastly, is there someway to restore all my settings back to how they were after I jacked them all up and want to start over? Thanks in advance for helping :)

**Now that I've been trying to think of the easiest way to set up this crap...since I have SO many folders (approx. 50) would it just be easier to have the most important mail forwarded to a new address and integrate the new address with the app? Then just set up my reply address as my actual address instead of it showing I'm replying from my new/"fake" address....? Geez this is nuts...I'm really starting to miss BIS =/

Advertisement

2. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Austin, TX
    Folder class is a setting in the mail application.
    So if you go to the screen that displays your folders then long press on a folder you will an option called folder settings. Press this then you will see a box with folder settings and there you will find settings for class.

And that is the only difference. You set it. Then you can have different actions based on how you set the folders.