1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

K-9 folders and texting

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by knifemaker, Apr 22, 2012.

1. knifemaker

knifemaker Lurker

I swear I did search the forums and used google-foo without luck. :)

The stock mail application in my XT860 is simple and I like the unified inbox that includes my email and text/sms messages all in one box / button - but Of course I wanted more.

• I'd like to be able to create email folders to move stuff to (campaign folder - save for future folder - research and respond... Can't find out how to do that in either stock email or K-9
    • I mentioned I like having text messaging in the unified inbox. Can't find out how to do that in K-9
    I'm open to other applications - haven't tried maildroid yet...

Thanks for any guidance.

Rob!

Motorola XT860 And. 2.3.6

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Diabo

Diabo Member

K-9 won't touch your text messages. There are apps out there that automatically send your texts to GMail, so that's a workaround to get them into K-9.

If you want more folders just make 'em in webmail or an app like Thunderbird, and then sync 'em to K-9.

knifemaker likes this.
  3. knifemaker

knifemaker Lurker

Thanks Diabo. The folder solution is great. Don't know why it didn't ocurr to me. The gmail thing is off the table for privacy reasons. I really don't mind google following me to provide more relevany advertising, but many of my customers and clients would be furious to know I was routing their contact information and mail content through a service that mines them for advertising purposes. I have to respect that trust, at least morally - if not legally.

So the logical followup to your post is a question about whether maildroid handles text messages. (Can't believe I've been spoiled by the stock app). :)