1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

k-9 Mail Delete issues

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Photobrad, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Photobrad

Photobrad Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    So currently on K-9 Mail I have to delete mail from my inbox and it moves it to the trash folder. I then need to go in and delete it from my Trash folder. Is there any way to set it up so that when I delete it from my Inbox it's just gone? For good?

Another issue... I've deleted everything in my inbox, drafts, sent and Trash folders, and when I'm at the main K-9 menu (where it lists your various accounts) it shows that my main account has 1MB of data in it. Even though I've deleted everything within that account. As I get more emails and delete them that # (on the main account page) keeps growing slowly but surely.

Is there a way to totally clear the account of all 'residual' data that may be hanging around somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I believe, though I haven't tested it, that if you go to Account Settings, then to Folders, then scroll down to Trash folder and set it to <NONE> that when you delete a message, it will be gone. You may still have to compact (see below). I set the Sent folder to <NONE> as I don't care about saving sent message on my phone, and that works perfectly.

I keep the storage on the SD card, so I don't really care. (Settings->Account Settings->Storage).

To get rid of all the data, you need to compact the account. To do so, go to the Accounts window... Menu->More->Accounts. Then longpress the account you wish to compact, select Advanced->Compact.

Nev.. likes this.
  3. Gareee

Gareee Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    WNC
    Hmmm... I just looked at it here on my Droidx, and I can't find any setting anywhere to automatically delete trash items. I never even looked at it, and had more then 200 old emails in the bin.