• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 Mail lovers ... !!!WARNING!!!

messenger13

Android Expert
Dec 8, 2009
Cleveland, OH
A friend of mine (Needsdecaf) was asking my why the new version of K-9 Mail doesn't have multi-select anymore. I was confused as mine does. :thinking: So, with some investigating we found that K-9 Mail Beta is no long a beta version. It's just "K-9 Mail", version 2.000. And it isn't as robust as the beat version. What's up with that???

Better backup your old beta version if you like it. And don't update to the new until they get that mess straightened out.

----------------------------

UPDATE: This thread has caused me to do even more digging and ... Holy Crap! :eek: I am using a REALLY old version! (Dec 10)

CLICK HERE to download any version you want to. It appears to me that the version on the Market is nowhere near their newest version. :thinking: What's up with that???

I have never seen it, but you could make a poodle with some mail in the mouth, or how about a doberman chasing the mailman away.

Umm ... yea . . . I'll get on that right away. :rolleyes: :D

Here's their current icon.
logo
:eek:

Upvote 0
Is that a robot dog with a titanium head and a gold collar encrusted in rubies?

Something like that...

p.s. did you get my message?

Yea, I gots it. I checked out their site. Very nice. If I didn't already have a leather holster, I'd get one for sure. But... I can think of better things to do with my ca$h at the moment. Thanks for thinking of me though. Touching really. :D (Does this mean we're dating?)

Upvote 0
My dog brings me my newspapers, does that count as k-9 mail joe?

I kinda think that's how they got the name. I like the app ... hate the icon. I need to change it, just haven't got around to it.
The app and my dog must have had a conversation because neither of them bring me my mail :eek:

Great idea, but it just wasn't working for me, not only did the stock app get the mail sooner, after a couple hours of having K9 installed, it stopped getting mail from any of my 3 accounts all together.

Upvote 0
I have been playing with all the beta versions and finals and still do not have the ability to get names from my contact list on my droid. any one successful with that? Decaf see you on the "R" boards.

Haha, shoot me a PM over on SS....

I have no problems getting names from the contacts. Start typing in part of the address or the name and it should populate choices. The problem is, it's VERY faint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones