1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support K-9 mail not letting me set up yahoo account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Moxymo69, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Moxymo69

Moxymo69 Member
    None

Oct 27, 2008
    Hey guys, so my k9 email app won't let me add my yahoo account, it keeps saying invalid username or password, which clearly isn't true. Anyone else having a problem with yahoo email intergration? PS when the hell is Biowallet gonna be here?

Advertisement

2. uisge_balbh

uisge_balbh Lurker
    None

May 29, 2009
    In general, Yahoo doesn't allow you to access their free email through POP or IMAP. They want you to pay for their "Mail Plus" service for that privilege.

However, they do allow you access if you're using the T-Mobile data service. I guess they don't see a threat in people using their phones as a primary email device (little do they know...).

Anyhoo, it basically boils down to this...you can set up and use your account through the T-Mobile 3G service, but you can't set up and use your account when you're accessing "regular internet" through wifi.

It's basically the reason I don't leave my wifi on 24/7 anymore --- because when I'm home, in range of my wifi network, I wouldn't be able to get any emails from my free Yahoo accounts.

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Android Expert
    None

Oct 20, 2008
    I just use the mobile yahoo interface. Clearly not the same experience, but it does get the job done. If only the yahoo IM apps notified you of new mail, like the desktop IM apps do.

4. 4ndr01d

4ndr01d Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm having the same problem here..uhh :(
    K-9 works fine with gmail, but having a problem with the rest of free email.
    Currently the only solution is by using Yahoo Mail client.
    I wish I can setup yahoomail account in K-9 and also other mail provider as well.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail&feature=search_result

I've tried the solution here but it didn't work.
    http://phonetitan.com/how-to-set-up-yahoo-mail-on-android/

Tags: