• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 mail privacy setting?

bprutzman

Feb 7, 2010
I use the K-9 email app for some of my email accounts that aren't gmail. I have it working the way I want save only one problem. Right now when I get a mail it flashes the subject line or the first line of the email across my notification bar at the top of my screen. This is especially troubling when I'm in the car and I have my droid mounted in the car dock. I don't necessarily like my passengers in the car to be able to read the email message I just got as their heads whip to the droid when it says ..... DROID!

Handcent app doesn't have this problem. I can set each individual contact to a privacy mode where so I only get notified, but no part of the text appears in the notification bar. Is there a similar "privacy" setting for K-9 that I'm missing? If I can't get this figured out soon I'm going to have to try another email app. :(

From the lack of responses it seems that noone knows of a way to hide the subject line from jumping across the notification bar of my phone every time I get a new email in the K-9 app. So it seems I'm going to need a new email client. Does anyone know of a good email client that will can be set NOT to display the subject line of the email in the notification bar?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones