1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

K-9 Mail shows EOFException for Inbox

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by momentoid, Jan 1, 2014.

1. momentoid

momentoid Android Enthusiast

Have been using T-Mobile version of this device for over a month.

Installed the latest available version of K-9 Mail (ver 4.409, Dec 17, 2013).

It downloads emails when a gmail account is first added, but after that the Inbox always shows EOFException and does not download any more emails.

Tried with a couple of gmail accounts that work fine with older version of K-9 Mail on an older Android phone.

Tried on both wifi and TMobile 4G networks.
    Tried both Push and Polling. Push gets into a unending cycle and drains battery, data-usage.

Has anyone else tried using K-9 Mail on this device?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. momentoid

momentoid Android Enthusiast

Based on no-replies, is it safe to assume none of you are using K-9 Mail on this device?

Would one of you consider installing it and adding a couple of gmail accounts to see how it works?

I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue just with my phone, or if it is a problem with One Touch Fierce, in general.

Thanks, in advance. :)

3. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

I did have k-9 installed and I didn't have this problem, I don't know what could cause it but just thought it might ease your mind to get some kind of response.

momentoid likes this.

Alcatel OneTouch Fierce Forum

The Alcatel OneTouch Fierce release date was October 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, MT6589 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

October 2013
Release Date
Reviews