• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 Mail Stopped Working

jkruer01

Feb 11, 2010
Several weeks ago I was using the default mail client and my (free) Yahoo account just randomly disappeared one day. I decided to download K-9 mail and give it a try. Setup was easy and it worked like a charm. No deleted emails coming back, no multiple messages in my sent folder, everything just worked.

That was until a couple days ago. I noticed that I hadn't been getting any email notifications on my Droid through K-9. I opened the app and the last email showing up was from 2/6/2010. I did the refresh and nothing happened. I held down the power button and choose "Power Off". I turned it back on. I went to K-9 did a refresh, it said it was checking my Yahoo account but it didn't retreive any new emails.

When I log onto Yahoo online I have new emails (both read and unread) but none of them are being retrieved by K-9. What is going on?????

Jeremy

Several weeks ago I was using the default mail client and my (free) Yahoo account just randomly disappeared one day. I decided to download K-9 mail and give it a try. Setup was easy and it worked like a charm. No deleted emails coming back, no multiple messages in my sent folder, everything just worked.

That was until a couple days ago. I noticed that I hadn't been getting any email notifications on my Droid through K-9. I opened the app and the last email showing up was from 2/6/2010. I did the refresh and nothing happened. I held down the power button and choose "Power Off". I turned it back on. I went to K-9 did a refresh, it said it was checking my Yahoo account but it didn't retreive any new emails.

When I log onto Yahoo online I have new emails (both read and unread) but none of them are being retrieved by K-9. What is going on?????

Jeremy

Well you've already done my first step in troubleshooting any electronic device - turn it off and back on. :)

You have probably already done this, but here goes anyway; check the account settings to see if anything has changed.

There have been many problems reported with Yahoo and the Droid email programs. I read them, but don't remember the solutions because I don't use Yahoo. Find those threads here and on other boards and you will probably find your answer. Seems like it had to do with which "port" you use in the settings.

Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more help.

Upvote 0
Well, as a last ditch effort, I uninstalled K-9 mail on my lunch break, rebooted, and then re-installed it. That fixed the problem. I don't know if a setting got changed and then when I reinstalled it I set it to the correct settings or if it was just a bug/glitch or whatever. Who Knows!

Anyways, I got it working now.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones