• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 Mail went sideways

grrrant

Lurker
Jul 21, 2010
I have had my Moto Droid for about 6 weeks and I have been happily running K-9 Mail for about a month. I have K-9 configured to poll my pop account on my company server every 15 minutes and to never delete messages on the server.

Every thing has been working fine until this evening when I picked up my phone to check my email and as soon as I swiped my finger to wake up the phone, I watched as all my emails scrolled by and disappeared! (K-9 was on when the phone went to sleep, so it was still running when I woke it up). Every message in my inbox was deleted, and when I checked my webmail directly on the server, I found that all messages were gone from the server as well.

I do access the same account from outlook via pop3, it is configured to leave a copy of the messages on the server for two weeks.

This does not seem to be a server issue, as other accounts on the server were unaffected, except my wife's account, which is also being accessed by an identical droid running K-9 (and was cleared this evening at about the same time as mine was)

This has got me worried because I don't know when/if I am going to have my server randomly cleared.

Thanks in advance for any input!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones