• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thanks, svim, I use centurylink and I have checked, I believe I see all emails on my computer accounts. Hard to be sure. The problem still persists on K9 with the new emails not remaining on the phone or tablet. Hm, funny thing, my husband's accounts did not have the same issue. Well, that puts a different spin on it.

Upvote 0
OK, good that your messages are still retained on the server end. If these problems started just recently try going your phone's Settings >> Application manager, scroll down to find K-9 Mail, and select it. When the App info box pops up, tap the 'Force stop' button, then tap the 'Clear cache' button. (Don't tap 'Clear data', then you would have to set up all your Centurylink account info all over again. the cache are just temp files.) Close all that up to get back to your regular Home screen and then tap the K-9 Mail app icon to start it back up again.
But if you've had this problem for a long time now, go into K-9 Mail's Settings menus and from what you've described, go into 'Account settings' >> 'Fetching mail' menu. There are several options to check as far as how many messages to show, polling frequency, which folders to show, etc.

Upvote 0
OK, good that your messages are still retained on the server end. If these problems started just recently try going your phone's Settings >> Application manager, scroll down to find K-9 Mail, and select it. When the App info box pops up, tap the 'Force stop' button, then tap the 'Clear cache' button. (Don't tap 'Clear data', then you would have to set up all your Centurylink account info all over again. the cache are just temp files.) Close all that up to get back to your regular Home screen and then tap the K-9 Mail app icon to start it back up again.
But if you've had this problem for a long time now, go into K-9 Mail's Settings menus and from what you've described, go into 'Account settings' >> 'Fetching mail' menu. There are several options to check as far as how many messages to show, polling frequency, which folders to show, etc.[/QUOTE

Thank you, svim. I have actually uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and again reinstalled. The problem persists. I downloaded a different mail app and it retains the emails just fine. Strange phenomenon. I guess I'll use something else until K 9 works for me again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones