• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 messages keep getting marked unread.

imwjl

Sep 24, 2010
Hi,

Does anybody know a setting to stop K-9 mail from from showing messages already read from showing unread? If some have been deleted it reloads others from server showing them unread. POP3 clients on PC or Mac will show same messages as read.

The native mail client isn't doing this but I don't like the way you cannot select and copy text in that app.

Thank you for any help.

WJL

Hi,

Does anybody know a setting to stop K-9 mail from from showing messages already read from showing unread? If some have been deleted it reloads others from server showing them unread. POP3 clients on PC or Mac will show same messages as read.

The native mail client isn't doing this but I don't like the way you cannot select and copy text in that app.

Thank you for any help.

WJL

You might want to check the settings for each account under Account settings>Fetching mail>Sync server deletions/When I delete a message.

To get to setting for a given account, long press on the name of the account. A popup will appear from which you can choose the Account settings.

Upvote 0
You might want to check the settings for each account under Account settings>Fetching mail>Sync server deletions/When I delete a message.

To get to setting for a given account, long press on the name of the account. A popup will appear from which you can choose the Account settings.

Thank you. Been there, done that. That's not the problem. It just does not recognize messages that have already been read relative to the set 25, 50 messages displayed. If it's set to display X messages with X marked read oldest messages already read will show as as unread when polling fills the list back up to X.

The Sync server deletions can actually grow the messages at bottom of the list shown unread.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thank you. Been there, done that. That's not the problem. It just does not recognize messages that have already been read relative to the set 25, 50 messages displayed. If it's set to display X messages with X marked read oldest messages already read will show as as unread when polling fills the list back up to X.

The Sync server deletions can actually grow the messages at bottom of the list shown unread.

Thanks again.

Hmm...okay. Not something I've ever seen as I tend to keep very few emails. Are you running the latest version? I believe it's up to 3.202. The reason I ask is because I never got a notification that it had been updated and when I checked my apps in the Market it never showed there was a newer version. I only found out because I read something in another thread that tipped me off.

Upvote 0
Hmm...okay. Not something I've ever seen as I tend to keep very few emails. Are you running the latest version? I believe it's up to 3.202. The reason I ask is because I never got a notification that it had been updated and when I checked my apps in the Market it never showed there was a newer version. I only found out because I read something in another thread that tipped me off.

Hi,

Yes, it's the latest version. I've been rather thorough and obsessive on the whole issue because I'm a sys admin and our first year of having some Android phones has been a real pain when it comes to messaging.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm running version 3.605 and I just started having the same issue this week with all of my read emails in K9 coming back as unread.
This started happening when K-9 was retrieving email at one point when I was on the subway. I think after I went out of cell phone range I got this message saying something to the effect of 'could not retrieve headers'. From that point on, I've been having the issue with K-9.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones