• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[K2_CL JB] Official OTA - Modded Zip for your flashing pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I noticed Visual Voice mail isn't working properly. I'm not sure if this is something that I did, or if its ROM related, or if its a server thing. When i get a voice mail, I do not get the icon at the top of the notification bar. The app gives me an error message about communication to the server timed out. Any help is greatly appreciated, since I use this phone for business and rely on voice mail.
P.S. I also lost some archived messages that i had.

Upvote 0
We need more kernels for JB. The Sickle or Shinru's kernel don't work. I had to reflash JB after I installed the Kernels. I reccomend Overclock on CPU and GPU so you can better use Google's Project Butter on the phone

Seriously. Go to settings and kernel version and tell me that isn't a custom kernel. My name is in it ;) I built source without source.

Will you build a Andry Walrus for JB?? I want it, and its a good idea. Also, make sure the Wi-Fi works on that one

if he wants my 3.4 kernels totally open

Upvote 0
Yeah, but is is overclocked. NO. So dont be going around saying seriously.

I said seriously because I have said over and over this phone has bad thermals and doesn't even need to be overclocked which is why I am not going to overclock any of my kernels without proper safe guards. Remember I dont develop for you or anyone else. I develop for myself and release what I come up with. I'm not forcing you to use this. If you have a problem with it, you don't have to flash it. So don't get smart with one of the devs of your community.

I say this as a warning to keep the development for this phone going and to retain developers. Sometimes a few users need to be reminded that we are not paid for this and we will not take demands on features

Upvote 0
Seriously. Go to settings and kernel version and tell me that isn't a custom kernel. My name is in it ;) I built source without source.

The first thing I looked for was your kernel. Lol:D Nice to have seen it in the build.

Yeah, but is is overclocked. NO. So dont be going around saying seriously.

Lol. Just because a kernel isn't overclocked doesn't mean it's not tweaked.

Also, just a word of warning...... If you keep flashing kernels that are from different builds, I promise you'll eventually end up with a brick. ICS is ICS and JB is JB. Kernels are specific. Mixing them will always result in a bad outcome. Just something to keep in mind for future reference. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Let it be known that Android Forums appreciates everything our developers do for our membership. (I was going to say "shout it from the rooftops" but the last time I did that i spent a month in traction.) Everybody understands that they do this on their own time and share the work freely without the need for therapy or an I.R.S. audit.

Thank you.

We also understand that our members come her looking for ways to make their phone better and tend to trust us to provide an environment free of nasty stuff, including things that make their devices go *poof*. It can get frustrating when you get something that's *almost* there but just doesn't do what we were looking for.

Let's try and work together on this stuff rather than pointing fingers. We'll all benefit, become fast friends and in 5 years have a picnic with my famous pasta salad. No really, it's that good, and it's open source, too. I tried to post it here once, but it gummed up the servers so you'll just have to wait for the picnic.

Peace, guys.

Upvote 0
I had it running on ICS and I could have as many apps running as I wanted with zero lag. Simon can you explain the bad thermals. I just want to understand what that means.

Edit: The swap I am using adds swap files on internal memory not the SD card. This makes it a little faster and you don't have to worry about taking out your SD card like on the prevail. I loved my old prevail though.

Upvote 0
I had it running on ICS and I could have as many apps running as I wanted with zero lag. Simon can you explain the bad thermals. I just want to understand what that means.

Edit: The swap I am using adds swap files on internal memory not the SD card. This makes it a little faster and you don't have to worry about taking out your SD card like on the prevail. I loved my old prevail though.

The s4 processors tend to have bad temperature monitors. You can melt the nexus 4 by overclock. I don't want this in my kernel. I have my name to protect here :)
Swap should be supported. I didn't disable it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones