• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

k9 app question

toilets

Feb 25, 2010
Hello all,

Quick question... well actually 2. 1. I set up my gmail email address to this k9 app and was wondering how can I basically turn off or uninstall the standard gmail application? I turned off the notifcation for the gmail app but cant seem to find where i can unistall it or turn it off in a sense. Basically my emails are being sent both to k9 and gmail app.

2. can you change the notifcation led light for the k9 app? currently it blinks purple when an email comes in and I cant seem to change it like I can with hancent or phone calls.

Finally, I want to extend my appreciation to the people on here who give great insight and information. I have learned so much from this site with my droid and wanted to say thank you to all!!

As far as your first question goes, no, you cannot uninstall stock Apps unless you are rooted. You can remove from the Homescreen by long pressing and dragging down to the bottom to remove. The fact that you have turned off the notifictions for this App means that you are not calling for your emails through it so technically is turned off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones