• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help K9 email question

I don't think you can delete the stock app. You want to go into menu->settings->accounts and find your gmail account and uncheck sync gmail. The gmail app will still be there, but it won't be getting email anymore.

As far as K9, you have 2 ways, push or poll. For poll, go into K9 account settings and set folder poll check frequency to however often you want it to check.

The better way to do it is as push. Again in account settings, set folders to check with push to "only 1st class folders". Then make sure folder poll check frequency is never.

Push would be only applicable to imap accounts, I think, so set up your servers as IMAP.

This way, it'll automatically and nearly immediately deliver mail to you and still not be bad on the battery.

Upvote 0
My email is Yahoo, and a POP account. I don't know if push will work, but I know it did on my BB, But I suspect that was the BB server and not Yahoo. You could be right about not being able to delete the mail program in the DX, there are a lot of others that you can't. But you could go and delete the info connecting your resident email program with your server, that way you would never have emails delivered to that program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones