1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

k9 help needed

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by droidlam, Dec 21, 2011.

1. droidlam

droidlam Lurker

i having this problem in open attachment and receiving mail in HTML format.

If sender send a mail in HTML format with attachment , the attachment will turn into winmail.dat

If sender send a mail in plaintext format , the attachment will be as it is but i couldn't open direct from the mail with message 'This document cannot be opened'

I use MS Outlook in my laptop for email. I found out that email downloaded in MS Outlook will not be fetched by K9 and vice versa. The email is still in my webmail server and marked UNREAD.

Anyway i can enable both MS Outlook and k9 to download the same mail ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lakeguy55

lakeguy55 Lurker

I'm a relatively new K9 user too so not sure how much I can help. But I suggest you start by checking your settings across all the apps and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) server.

I'm still not thrilled with my setup as it doesn't sync perfectly across the platforms but I think it does what you want.

First, in Outlook (assuming 2010 version here but would be similar in 2007), go to Account Settings/Change/More Settings/Advanced tab. Make sure that the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" box is checked. I suspect this may be your problem. If this box is unchecked, once Outlook receives the message, it is deleted from the ISP server, and any subsequent view by K9 would not see it.

There are similar settings in K9. But here is where I'm still learning/experimenting. They don't seem to work the way I would expect.