• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K9 Mail: if email address is xxx, then notify

ripcurlksm

Lurker
Jan 28, 2011
Hello!

I am running K9 Mail with is synced with 2 different email accounts.. work and personal.

for my personal i can deal with the notifications, but for the work email I would only like to get notification if i get an email from my boss and ignore all the rest.

is this possible? can tasker or another program do this? i am rooted.

I'm fairly sure the gmail app is capable if this. You'd first have to set up Gmail to poll the other account (from a desktop), then label all email from the address in question as important. The Gmail app has the option to notify only when "important" emails come through.

Upvote 0
I use K9, it's much easier to organize and better looking IMO. I only poll 2 folders with K9 (Gmail Inbox, and Work Inbox), if I know mail is going to be from someone "that can wait", I filter their email address into another folder that I manually check when I feel like it. Also I don't poll my other email accounts like Yahoo. Only folders that are polled send notifications. Or you could do the opposite, filter your boss, and only poll the folder you send him too.

Upvote 0
I use K9, it's much easier to organize and better looking IMO. I only poll 2 folders with K9 (Gmail Inbox, and Work Inbox), if I know mail is going to be from someone "that can wait", I filter their email address into another folder that I manually check when I feel like it. Also I don't poll my other email accounts like Yahoo. Only folders that are polled send notifications. Or you could do the opposite, filter your boss, and only poll the folder you send him too.

Where are there filters in K9? Cant seem to find it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones